I am looking for a SFH to rent (2/2 or 3/2) in Ft Lauderdale near the beach that I can use and also Air BNB when I travel. Anyone have anything or know someone who might be interested?
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
3y
Check all the current and future local laws to make sure they aren’t about to outlaw it. Many areas are putting max number of days or owner occupants rules in place. It kinda sounds like you’d be better just renting an Airbnb or maybe a MTR for yourself if you’re going to be out of town that much. Or find a house hacker and move in with them. A lot easier and probably cost you less.
Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
I'm pretty sure Ft. Lauderdale has some hard STR regulations. You have a good idea, but I do wonder if it would be easier for you to rent a place on Furnish Finder during the time you're in the area.