Do you have an Instagram Acct for your STR?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 984 votes
3y

I created my account once I had 5 STR. Now I own a property management company and we manage 20 units. Instagram does drive bookings but you have to be posting constantly. Facebook works too, but TikTok is best for direct bookings.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    We have one for our co-hosting business but haven't decided about creating more accounts for properties. Some people create an "Instagram wall" in their STR so people can take photos and then post them on social media along with a hashtag curated to the property. You would bring more awareness to your STR that way, but I don't know if it would drive bookings that much. I think Facebook ads are more effective at that.

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 447 posts · 441 votes
    3y

    I have noticed that this tends to help when you have a "hotel-like business" with multiple properties that are adjacent and are in a unique structure/location. Ex. 10 cabin STRs in the mountains with shared amenities. 

    I don't think Instagram accounts for one-off properties are a productive way to drive bookings, but it may be a good way to showcase your STR portfolio.

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    We do to try to just keep things out there if you will but I can't say we have ever received a booking because of it.  I have had some good customer interactions from it though.

  • Real Estate Agent · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 984 votes
    3y

    I created my account once I had 5 STR. Now I own a property management company and we manage 20 units. Instagram does drive bookings but you have to be posting constantly. Facebook works too, but TikTok is best for direct bookings.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    We have one but don't really use it. We stay booked for the season regardless.

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I have an account for STR lending (little bit different) but it has helped me get some solid leads. I feel like it's always a good idea to leverage social media. Takes little work, and only allows you to get more exposure in whatever your doing/posting about.

  • Rental Property Investor · Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 280 votes
    3y

    We have one Instagram for each property and regularly get direct bookings from it.

    Mike

  • Member since 2021 · 376 posts · 242 votes
    3y

    I have one Instagram account that is intended to market our STR. Our property is located within New Orleans so we have a link to the listing within that IG profile, the majority of our content features the attractions of the city. We have not had too many bookings from this method that I am aware of but the IG account is still fairly new so hasn't drawn too many followers yet.

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 754 votes
    3y

    Really just depends how much time you wanna spend vs how successful it is 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.