Real estate agent specializing in investments

Real estate agent specializing in investments

Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi all, this is my first post here. I have a few Ltr's but looking to dip into str's starting in my home state. I was wondering if anyone in Georgia has worked with a good agent that has extensive knowledge of the investment market for short term rentals. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Cleveland · Member since 2021 · 247 posts · 240 votes
3y

Hey Ricardo, as @Michael Dumler said, STR is tricky here in the metro. The market has really saturated due to high supply. You may have luck in the mountains, as you indicated but in my experience the prices up there are extremely high.

Whenever clients come to me asking about AirBnB and STR, I always recommend Padsplit as an alternative. Many on here are familiar with the platform, as it's a great way to juice cash flow and the city looks much more favorably on it than AirBnB since Padsplit provides much needed affordable housing.

The purchase prices are cheaper, the supply/demand ratios are much more favorable, the cash flow is higher and more reliable and you can take advantage of the massive growth Atlanta is expected to see in the coming years and decades. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Top of this page. Agent Finder! 

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Luke Carl:

    Top of this page. Agent Finder! 

    Thank you sir. I'm still new to the site.
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Ricardo Riveros, many ATL submarkets are starting to crack down on STRs. Whoever you end up working with, make sure they're very familiar with all County and City ordinances. Moreover, if you're interested, there's a great Facebook group you can join called Atlanta Metro Short Term Rental Alliance which posts regularly regarding changes in ATL STR regulation. I hope this helps!

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Dumler:

    @Ricardo Riveros, many ATL submarkets are starting to crack down on STRs. Whoever you end up working with, make sure they're very familiar with all County and City ordinances. Moreover, if you're interested, there's a great Facebook group you can join called Atlanta Metro Short Term Rental Alliance which posts regularly regarding changes in ATL STR regulation. I hope this helps!

    Thanks Michael. Yes I've definitely heard. My LTR properties are in the metro area. I'd love to rent one as an STR but am not allowed. So I'm actually going to target the north GA mountains and see how that goes. 
  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 754 votes
    3y

    The Short Term Shop operates here and would love to help!

  • Investor · Cleveland · Member since 2021 · 247 posts · 240 votes
    3y

    Hey Ricardo, as @Michael Dumler said, STR is tricky here in the metro. The market has really saturated due to high supply. You may have luck in the mountains, as you indicated but in my experience the prices up there are extremely high.

    Whenever clients come to me asking about AirBnB and STR, I always recommend Padsplit as an alternative. Many on here are familiar with the platform, as it's a great way to juice cash flow and the city looks much more favorably on it than AirBnB since Padsplit provides much needed affordable housing.

    The purchase prices are cheaper, the supply/demand ratios are much more favorable, the cash flow is higher and more reliable and you can take advantage of the massive growth Atlanta is expected to see in the coming years and decades. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 47 posts · 7 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ricardo Riveros:
    Quote from @Michael Dumler:

    @Ricardo Riveros, many ATL submarkets are starting to crack down on STRs. Whoever you end up working with, make sure they're very familiar with all County and City ordinances. Moreover, if you're interested, there's a great Facebook group you can join called Atlanta Metro Short Term Rental Alliance which posts regularly regarding changes in ATL STR regulation. I hope this helps!

    Thanks Michael. Yes I've definitely heard. My LTR properties are in the metro area. I'd love to rent one as an STR but am not allowed. So I'm actually going to target the north GA mountains and see how that goes. 

     Ricardo, any updates with your search?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.