AirBnB Listing feedback and wish list for wish list :)

AirBnB Listing feedback and wish list for wish list :)

Property Manager · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 9 votes

Hi there,

First, I can't even begin to say how great this community is. I've learned so much just by reading hundreds of posts and listening to podcasts - shout out in particular to Bigger Pockets, STR Secrets and STR managment by Luke Carl - you're all total heroes sharing your knowledge! Loved Avery's book!

Anyway, I have begun my journey moving my properties from the clutches of Evolve into the realms of self managment (with the help of Lodgify & Pricelabs). The channels are up and running and I would love some (kind yet constructive) feedback on where I’m at! I’d also love some of you fine people to wish list me and I will do the same in return - just post your place in the comments so I can find it!

Anyway, here is my AirBnB link - let me know your honest thoughts before I move all my eggs into this scary basket!!

https://abnb.me/ECHVfx61ODb

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 10 votes
2y

Phil, Great job on the property. I did a favorite for you. I also ran through the listing and saw some opportunities. I created a spread sheet to help which i will link for you. 

1) Airbnb wants every box checked if you have or dont have. With that being said it appeared a lot of amenities you have were not checked. Check them off it will improve ranking. 

2) Use Cubi casa to get a floor plan. 

3) Add coffee a coffee bar. 

4) Add the bed room config info with pics 

5) Add Accessibility photos and info 

6) Add washer dryer pics guests will ask. 

7) Add photos of pool and amenities at the complex

8) Add photos of local attractions. 

9) Add how close you are to other local attractions historical sites , distilleries ect.

 Link to amenities to check you have on airbnb  

If you have any questions please reach out. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    Phil, Great job on the property. I did a favorite for you. I also ran through the listing and saw some opportunities. I created a spread sheet to help which i will link for you. 

    1) Airbnb wants every box checked if you have or dont have. With that being said it appeared a lot of amenities you have were not checked. Check them off it will improve ranking. 

    2) Use Cubi casa to get a floor plan. 

    3) Add coffee a coffee bar. 

    4) Add the bed room config info with pics 

    5) Add Accessibility photos and info 

    6) Add washer dryer pics guests will ask. 

    7) Add photos of pool and amenities at the complex

    8) Add photos of local attractions. 

    9) Add how close you are to other local attractions historical sites , distilleries ect.

     Link to amenities to check you have on airbnb  

    If you have any questions please reach out. 

  • Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Looks great! Good advice above. Would also add some decorations with color on the walls, it helps your photos stand out. Otherwise you are pretty much already there

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    It looks great, but I do have a couple pointers.....

    First is there any way you can get rid of one couch and just have a couch with two chairs. That would be plenty of seating for 4 guests and would open the living room up a bit. It also seems a little cluttered, so if you could remove some of the decor and the side table but leave the plant it would help.

    The bed/bath looks great, but I would suggest hanging the TV up on the wall. It would help break up such a tall wall and free up the top of the dresser. 

    The biggest thing that stood out to me was the chairs up against the balcony railing. If there is any way to reconfigure that set up or even, take a chair out and put one up against the wall, I would do that right way. It's a huge safety hazard and the perfect set up for a child to climb up there and fall over. I'll let you finish the ending of that scenario. :(

    Lastly, you could also add some more photos like suggested above, the OTA love lots of photos! And use a photo of you for the profile but leave your business name how you have it in the profile description. Potential guests want to see a photo of their host.

    All in all, you did a really good job and I wish you all the best as you start self-managing your STR!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.