Looking to Join the Glamping Community 馃尶

Looking to Join the Glamping Community 馃尶

Tiffany SmithPro Member
Member since 2018 路 23 posts 路 6 votes

Hi everyone! I鈥檓 really intrigued by the investment side of glamping and would love to connect with someone who鈥檚 already been through the process.

If you鈥檝e set up a dome or similar glamping space, I鈥檇 really appreciate a few minutes of your time to ask some questions about your setup, the numbers, and any advice you might have from your own experience getting things off the ground.

Would you be open to connecting briefly? Thank you so much in advance!

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Collin HaysBusiness Member
Property Manager 路 Gatlinburg, TN 路 Member since 2020 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
1y
Are glamps essentially tents? I don't know that I've actually seen one.
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor 路 Greer, SC 路 Member since 2014 路 13k+ posts 路 17k+ votes
    1y

    I hope you have plenty of cash or investors because banks are going to lend on glamping. They might lend on just the land with a large down payment.

  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager 路 Gatlinburg, TN 路 Member since 2020 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    1y
    Are glamps essentially tents? I don't know that I've actually seen one.
  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2022 路 3k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    1y

    Just one thing I have seen come up on similar posts is if you get into this you will need a marketing budget.  It may be hard to book up on OTA's if you are far outside of the common search areas (points of interests).

    • Tiffany SmithPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2018 路 23 posts 路 6 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

      Just one thing I have seen come up on similar posts is if you get into this you will need a marketing budget.  It may be hard to book up on OTA's if you are far outside of the common search areas (points of interests).




      That鈥檚 a great point, and I completely agree that location can impact visibility on OTAs. However, based on what I鈥檝e observed through Google trends and listings, consistent effort combined with a solid marketing strategy can still drive strong occupancy鈥攅ven in less traditional areas. It just takes intentional outreach and positioning.
    • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
      Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2022 路 3k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Tiffany Smith:
      Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

      Just one thing I have seen come up on similar posts is if you get into this you will need a marketing budget.  It may be hard to book up on OTA's if you are far outside of the common search areas (points of interests).




      That鈥檚 a great point, and I completely agree that location can impact visibility on OTAs. However, based on what I鈥檝e observed through Google trends and listings, consistent effort combined with a solid marketing strategy can still drive strong occupancy鈥攅ven in less traditional areas. It just takes intentional outreach and positioning.

       Agreed and that is my point, you need a plan and not just listing on OTA's alone :)

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA 路 Member since 2016 路 8k+ posts 路 7k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Tiffany Smith, glamping has been discussed here a bunch of times and it is a very niche kind of "investment".

    I use the quotes because no matter how nice a yurt or super tent or tiny home is, unless it is sitting on a foundation, stick or modular built with full utilities, it has no value as real property. They are nothing more than an RV at best.

    So, like @John Underwood said, you might be able to get a loan for the bare land, but will be on the hook for the improvements, utility runs etc.

    Just be prepared to have a bunch of cash on had to get rolling.

  • Tiffany SmithPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2018 路 23 posts 路 6 votes
    1y

    Thank you for your insight

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.