Property Management Software - VR

5 Replies

Hi,

Am a VR owner who is migrating into property management. Would be grateful if anyone has recommendations on software.

My idea is to run a website providing owners access to a reservation calendar so they can see what's going on, block off dates, etc. The reservation system must integrate with VRBO/HomeAway. Additionally, software for owners would provide ability to adjust pricing should they desire. I'm thinking I need a bookekeeping system too.

I'm NOT planning on marketing the homes through my website to renters, so will not be posting descriptions there. Will be done solely through VRBO, et al. So, website is geared to owners only, not renters. Any help on which type of software could do these basic things is appreciated. I'm trying to stay away from the Cadillac software products since I only need some of the modules. Perhaps there is a software that you can purchase individual modules? (e.g. bookkeeping, reservation calendar)

Thank you!

Patrick

VRBO/HomeAway already has this calendar functionality.

Why not check with them and see if they can provide a separate Homeowner login where they can only see their property, and your PM login can see all the properties you are managing.

I went to the Homeaway summit in Atlanta this summer and they seem to be very accommodating and they are constantly looking for ways to improve their system.

They may already have this in Beta form and you could possibly sign up as a Beta tester to get his functionality if it isn't available to the masses yet.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

Other option is to have a separate logon for each property on VRBO/HomeAway that you share with each owner. Cost = free, but less convenient. You would still get text and emails when there are inquiries or booking requests. The only other reason to logon is to make a change or to refresh calendar.

John

Try Kigo, MyVR, LiveRez, CapTerra, VacationRentPro and many others

I've had a hard time figuring out which one is best, they offer many services I wouldn't make use of like yourself. MyVR I sampled, liked the people who run it but the calendar did not sync the same for Flipkey and HomeAway/VRBO, which was a deal killer for me, they might have fixed the bug since then. 

Am going to the Austin TX HomeAway conference in November to try to find some sort of consultation/suggestions on how to better track and manage my multiple vacation rentals. 

Originally posted by @Maura Paler :

Try Kigo, MyVR, LiveRez, CapTerra, VacationRentPro and many others

I've had a hard time figuring out which one is best, they offer many services I wouldn't make use of like yourself. MyVR I sampled, liked the people who run it but the calendar did not sync the same for Flipkey and HomeAway/VRBO, which was a deal killer for me, they might have fixed the bug since then. 

Am going to the Austin TX HomeAway conference in November to try to find some sort of consultation/suggestions on how to better track and manage my multiple vacation rentals. 

Have you explored Tenant Cloud. 

Originally posted by @Patrick V. :

Hi Maura,

I'm familiar with most of those systems and have spoken with them, but they are very pricey and cost prohibitive for a small company. 

This is correct. Most of them are very pricey. I believe Kigo is the most cost effective, as it is tailored to smaller VR management companies, and the rest of the software platforms target legacy VRM's who are looking for software.