Atlanta Airbnb up and running with a few kinks

Atlanta Airbnb up and running with a few kinks

Developer · Decatur, GA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I'm looking to connect with other intown Atlanta area investors doing Airbnb.  I have a whole house up and running for several months near Grant Park/Summerhill/Peoplestown.  Still working on systems for the house so I can add several more this year.

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced cleaning service.  I'm afraid I may need several short-term rentals to get a good rate.  One offs seem to be too price or you get less than ideal quality.

Laundry service is also a challenge.  The house can handle 6 guests so we're generating quite a bit of laundry in a week.  Probably 8 - 12 loads in a week.  Since a lot of it is wet towels it can't really sit for long either.

PM me if you're interested in benchmarking or collaborating.  Also would love your thoughts in the forum.

Thanks,

Rick

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

@Rick Baggenstoss , not involved with FB group. This is the only officially sanctioned Atlanta airbnb group. We've had 4 meetings so far. For the June meeting 2 airbnb guys are flying in and meeting with us. 

The organizers have bi-weekly phone calls with airbnb. 

https://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Airbnb/

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2016 · 893 posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Rick Baggenstoss  Hello Rick!  First off,  I know nothing about Atlanta, laundry service in Atlanta or pretty much anything specific you asked about. :)  I am just more wondering if you have tried a national chain like Merry Maids for the services you are asking for?  

    I would assume you are passing thru the cleaning to the guest so I'm not sure why it would matter too much if there are a little pricier, especially if they are able to accommodate all your needs. 

    Apologies for any ignorance on my part with regards to your question however and wish you best of luck on your collaboration in the Atlanta area!  

    Cheers!

    ~Jon

  • Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2015 · 278 posts · 155 votes
    9y

    Why do you offer a laundry service? I hope you're charging extra for that. I don't offer a laundry service, nor do my tenants expect fresh towels every other day or so. My long term multi month tenants just do the laundry in the laundry in the unit.

    What kind of quality are you looking for from cleaning? I get pretty good cleaning service between $60-$100. They help me change the lock, clean the place, and even print out new welcome letters.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hey @Rick Baggenstoss, I Also currently run an Airbnb in the downtown ATL area, I do not offer any cleaning service i actually use Molly Maids as @Jon Crosby suggested their pretty good and worth it, Also to off set this cost I charge the renters a $15 "cleaning fee" that you can have setup in your Airbnb profile its separate from you nightly cost so many times the person has already committed to your place.

    Hope this helps I personally love running my Airbnb it takes a lot of stress away!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    There's an airbnb meetup group that I'm part of. I'm presently getting 3 units ready for airbnb. Kleenly is a cleaning service that has been coming to the meetup groups

  • Developer · Decatur, GA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    So far, I've tried a $40/turn service with $30/wk for laundry (doing sheets and towels).  She was just getting started and each week there was a comment about something being dusty or dirty.  This week a dirty comforter caused an emergency response.   

    $60/turn no laundry but better cleaning.  This lady didn't really understand Airbnb and would take awhile to get up to speed on refreshing toilet paper, candy bowl, etc.

    Kleenerly, an Airbnb service, is $110 for this house.  This might be an initially high fee, but it's more than the $75 cleaning fee we charge. 

    @Jon Crosby I'll try Molly Maids.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't think it was suitable for a large chain.

    @Andrew Wong At a minimum, I'm trying to offer a clean house.  From there, it's a nice bungalow for families or multiples to go.  The ratings have been good, but it's been too hard to get the 5*.  

    @Michaela G. I'll have to go to this.  Same as the FB group?

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    @Rick Baggenstoss , not involved with FB group. This is the only officially sanctioned Atlanta airbnb group. We've had 4 meetings so far. For the June meeting 2 airbnb guys are flying in and meeting with us. 

    The organizers have bi-weekly phone calls with airbnb. 

    https://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Airbnb/

  • Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2015 · 278 posts · 155 votes
    9y

    @Rick Baggenstoss, I see. I guess my market is catering towards a different audience, namely business travelers. They just want in and out, and they're not looking for that nice relaxing vacation experience. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.