Let me Airbnb your property for you!

Let me Airbnb your property for you!

New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 32 votes
I have been using Airbnb at my property to bring in extra cashflow and have been very successful. I am looking for a house where I can live with reduced rent or no rent, and AIRBNB the rooms for you! I will manage the guests, prepare the rooms, and make sure everyone is happy. I am looking in the general area of Western Washington. I am mature, professional, and I have plenty of references. I am also willing to keep the yard up. Let's talk! (You keep all the profits of course).
2Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
I don't see any explicit legal issue barring her from what she is trying to do so I'm not sure why she should proactively seek out some bureaucrat to find fault with her plan. That doesn't exactly foster entrepreneurship.
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    9y

    Do you need to be a certified Property manager in Washington to manage a property (or part of one) for others?

  • New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    hello John- no you do not. For AIRBNB there are a couple of different ways to do it. It can be their listing and I can be a cohost or I could add them to my listing it just depends how we choose to do it. 

  • Lender · Winlock, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Must Washington property management companies have a real estate broker's license?

    YES. Property management is expressly considered a real estate brokerage activity under existing Washington real estate licensing laws. If a property manager is going to perform property management services (including marketing, leasing, renting; the physical, administrative, or financial maintenance of real property; or the supervision of such actions) for compensation, he or she will need a broker's license. A Washington broker must be working under a managing broker to engage in such activities.

    Are there any exceptions to the requirement that a Washington property manager hold a real estate broker's license?

    YES. For example, any person employed by a managing broker if the person is limited in property management to any of the following activities:

    • Delivering a lease application, a lease, or any amendment thereof to any person;
    • Receiving a lease application, lease, or amendment thereof, a security deposit, rental payment, or any related payment for delivery to and made payable to the real estate firm or owner;
    • Showing a rental unit to any person, or executing leases or rental agreements, and the employee or retainee is acting under the direct instruction of the owner or designated or managing broker
    • Providing information about a rental unit, a lease, an application for lease, or a security deposit and rental amounts to any prospective tenant; or
    • Assisting in the performance of property management functions by carrying out administrative, clerical, financial, or maintenance tasks.

    For more information about these and other Washington property management requirements and exceptions, please contact the Washington Real Estate Commission.

  • New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 32 votes
    9y
    If anyone is interested, let's talk! This is being done all over, and people are making good money at it. It's actually really simple. Thank you!
  • Real Estate Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2013 · 369 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    @Lisa R. Maybe give the folks at the WA Real Estate Commission's Regulatory and Enforcement Division a call and see if they agree with you. Just because some "guru" on a YouTube ad said it's ok, doesn't make it so. Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Very true! Will do!

    Thanks!

  • Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    I don't see any explicit legal issue barring her from what she is trying to do so I'm not sure why she should proactively seek out some bureaucrat to find fault with her plan. That doesn't exactly foster entrepreneurship.
  • Real Estate Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2013 · 369 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    @Steve B. I'm no fan of government interference either, but having grown up there in the people's socialist republic of Washington, I understand the extent of the state's (over) reach into real estate activities. 

    Would advertising a property that you do not own, not fall under brokering real estate without a license?

  • Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    the advertising can easily be handled by the owner and then handed of to the manager, if that was an issue, it's purely logistical. Also this is a short term SFR rental not a long term multi family

  • New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 32 votes
    9y
    @steve B thank you!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.