Property Manager · Madison, TN · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
We are shopping around Pigeon Forge area for a potential vacation rental chalet. Not looking for turn key, but something we can put some work into to make it a great rental. My husband does remodeling work and we live in Nashville (about a 3.5 hr drive)
Who has a successful place in the area? We were looking at a gated community off Waldens Creek Road. Any advice?
We would want to do as much management as we could ourselves, any suggestions of property managers who would just clean and be on call for maintenance or emergencies?
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
@Lindsay Broome Looking at Shagark I'm guessing? I have 5 in the area that I self manage. With my wife. Who is THE realtor in the area to talk to about this. You can find her on here. Avery Carl.
We have all systems in place. Cleaning crews, Handymen, HVAC, Furniture. Everything you can think of and we share it all with her clients. Feel free to reach out to me I'll teach you everything I know. Which is everything. If you already have a realtor you won't be able to talk to Avery of course. Which will hurt you. Local realtors have no idea about self management. They don't even consider it an option and most of them are working for a property management company.
If you're not self managing in this area you're losing money. Local PMs charge 40% of gross.
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
@Lindsay Broome Looking at Shagark I'm guessing? I have 5 in the area that I self manage. With my wife. Who is THE realtor in the area to talk to about this. You can find her on here. Avery Carl.
We have all systems in place. Cleaning crews, Handymen, HVAC, Furniture. Everything you can think of and we share it all with her clients. Feel free to reach out to me I'll teach you everything I know. Which is everything. If you already have a realtor you won't be able to talk to Avery of course. Which will hurt you. Local realtors have no idea about self management. They don't even consider it an option and most of them are working for a property management company.
If you're not self managing in this area you're losing money. Local PMs charge 40% of gross.
Real Estate Agent · USA · Member since 2016 · 909 posts · 1k+ votes
8y
If you are talking about shagbark I would guess offhand that the property you are looking at is on headrick lead? I’ve been in that one it has some good potential with a little work!