Sandusky, OH · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
We have been looking for properties for a while now with our realtor, but just recently found one through a family friend who is selling it FSBO. I'm just wondering if the process functions any different on our end with our realtor since we are communicating/negotiating directly with the sellers on price? Are the Realtor fees relatively similar to a normal real estate deal? Our realtor said she can put together the FSBO paperwork, but are there different fees (or cheaper?) involved that we would owe our realtor compared to a normal real estate transaction? Are closing costs any different? Thanks all!
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
Not sure how you picked this forum?
FSBO sellers are generally against realtors. That’s why they’re selling it themselves. They don’t want to pay a realtor. And I find in this market they are asking more than an MLS house.
Basically.... they’re the cheapest of the cheap.
Contact the seller and see what they’re thinking. I would do this directly not through your agent unless you’ve signed a buyers rep agreement.
If you decide to pursue I would offer 3% higher than what your top dollar is in order to pay your agent and still have them do the paperwork so you are protected. If your agent is any good that is. Sounds like they didn’t find you this property anyway so many that could try a bit harder.
Again. Contact them directly so they think they’re not dealing with an agent. You’ll know pretty quick if it’s worth perusing or a waste of time.
Again. Wrong forum. Even if it’s a VR. Contact us when you need to know which towels. Lol
Sandusky, OH · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
8y
@Luke Carl Sorry about that. Couldn't find a forum dedicated to FSBO, and we are looking to purchase as a vacation rental, so I posted here. Woops. Thanks for the insight though.
Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
8y
@Zach Yonek when the buyer and seller already know each other and just need help with making the transaction happen then I do it for 1%. I write the contract, get proper disclosures, forward to title company and just make sure all parties follow their deadlines and get to the closing table. You can ask either the seller, the buyer or both to cover that fee.