Gulf shores Orange beach AL rentals

Gulf shores Orange beach AL rentals

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Does anybody have any VR in Gulf Shores or Orange beach AL area. I'm thinking bout investing in one. Is it worth it? Should I  manage myself or get somebody else too? what I'm going to get myself into? That's just a few questions I have.

1Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Candace PfabBusiness Member
Realtor · Orange Beach AL · Member since 2018 · 150 posts · 125 votes
7y

Hi George.  Fairly new to Bigger Pockets, so just stumbled across your post.  My husband & I have actually owned a rental condo in Orange Beach for over 9 years and were very pleased with the results.  So much so, that it actually enabled us to relocate to Orange Beach earlier this year.  And bought another short term rental property in same complex. Would love to share our experience with you.  Also have a great property management firm that we can share with you if you are still interested in learning more!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @George

    @George DuBourg I'm sitting in a friends condo in Orange Beach right now. It's one of favorite places to vacation. I'd thought of the idea of buying a property here but then I sober up and realize there is a lot of competition and there doesn't seem to be a lot of good deals. HOA, management, marketing and maintenance expenses are more than what I experience with on my SFH. They just had a $25,000 assessment and today the maintenance guy stopped by to check on a work order that will cost a couple hundred dollars I'd fix for $20 back home, I bet there is someone here that will argue the opposite but that's my 2 cents worth. I'll visit but probably not own.

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Thanks for the input. I live bout a hour from Gulf shores and visit multiple times a year. Its so packed down there normally me and my wife was thinking bout getting one for us to use and try me make a little extra cash or just break even. But I don't really know much bout the real estate.

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Pick a town with a refinery.  Those places with large er...large steel structures for producing a fuel from crude oil.  There are always contractors there working short term jobs.  Rent to them.  I have 24 STRs with 82 beds in this town.  Refinery contractors are who I rent to.

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Paul Sandhu Not bad idea. Where I live there is a lot of plants and I even work at one. At my plant now we have around 1500 contractors on site.

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @George DuBourg  You have an "In" by working there.  I only have an "In" by doing the pre-employment drug screens.

  • Candace PfabBusiness Member
    Realtor · Orange Beach AL · Member since 2018 · 150 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    Hi George.  Fairly new to Bigger Pockets, so just stumbled across your post.  My husband & I have actually owned a rental condo in Orange Beach for over 9 years and were very pleased with the results.  So much so, that it actually enabled us to relocate to Orange Beach earlier this year.  And bought another short term rental property in same complex. Would love to share our experience with you.  Also have a great property management firm that we can share with you if you are still interested in learning more!

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Candace Pfab

    I just bought a duplex in gulf shores and need a rec for prop management as well! Thanks

    Ty

  • Accountant · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Ty Perkins Long Term Rental Group. They do check on the property every six months. 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Katie House

    Do they manage day to day rental stuff?

  • Accountant · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Yes, they have a portal with your monthly/yearly statements and they make the tenants submit work orders online for any issues. 

  • Candace PfabBusiness Member
    Realtor · Orange Beach AL · Member since 2018 · 150 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    @Ty Perkins

    Hi Ty. Congrats on your purchase! Just sent you a colleague request so that I can provide you my top picks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.