Votes
Sid Payne
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
Successful on VRBO/HomeAway but considering adding Airbnb

Sid Payne
  • Longmont, CO
Posted Nov 17 2018, 13:48

I have four properties in the Disney World area and one near a ski resort in Colorado.
I've been pretty successful on VRBO/HomeAway, 70% to 85% booked this year. However, I worry about VRBO/HomeAway being my primary source of bookings (I also get a lot of repeat guests) and am wondering if it would be worth the extra work to list on Airbnb. I would really like to get that 70% property up to 85%.
I thought about Tripadvisor but they don't seem to get a lot of views in my area.
I have always been a bit leery of Airbnb due to it seemingly to be geared more towards younger folks and not families. A lot of my inquiries come from moms and grandmothers looking for vacations for one or two families.
I also worry about things like Airbnb holding all funds until the guest checks in and a few other things.

For those of you in the major vacation markets (Disney World, Pigeon Forge, Hawaii, etc.), what are your thoughts on this? Is it worth the extra work to list on both? Maybe it is not as much work as I think it might be? Maybe my concerns about the Airbnb demographic are no longer valid?

Thank you for any advice you can provide,
Sid

Loading replies...