Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
AJ Vanderhorst
  • Property Manager
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Any luck with Furnished Finder for extended (corporate) stays?

AJ Vanderhorst
  • Property Manager
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Jan 2 2019, 15:34

Has anyone had luck using Furnished Finder to book extended stays (over 30 days)? 

I'm transitioning several STR properties to month-to-month in a desirable downtown Kansas City, MO location. I decided to give Furnished Finder a try, and after about a month, the only leads I've seen seem to be 1) sent to every host with a listing in the KC metro area, guaranteeing a deluge of responses, and 2) catering to folks (typically traveling nurses) who want to pay below market for a fully-furnished, all-utilities paid apartment.

Has anyone had luck generating leads this way? The idea of hosting medical professionals is appealing, but the budget numbers I've heard them quote are disheartening. For example, my 1BR downtown loft makes upwards of $2500 a month via short term stays. I get the impression I'd have to list it around $1200/month to attract traveling nurses, which is negligibly more than what I'd make with a traditional long term lease.

I've considered CHBO, but the reviews aren't great. Any other tips on breaking into the extended stay market would be appreciated! 

Loading replies...