Off to the Races! Have first 5 bookings confirmed

Off to the Races! Have first 5 bookings confirmed

Kerry BairdPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

I got my first booking set for six months' out, a snowbird 60 day rental, through VRBO.

It took a couple of days, but I got set up on AIrBnb and now have 5 immediate bookings.  I have just sent my first "You'll be here soon" email to the first visitor, who will be arriving in two days.

We are doing all of our final safety checks, such as adding carbon monoxide detectors to the existing smoke detectors, putting in the child protective outlet covers around the property.  Just washed windows.  

I'm so excited for the first guest!

6Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael BaumPro Member
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y

WOOT! There is nothing like the feeling of getting bookings! Congratz!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    Congratulations! This can be a fun and rewarding business.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    WOOT! There is nothing like the feeling of getting bookings! Congratz!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
    7y

    @Kerry Baird congrats! Please report back to us with how things go!

    -Andrew

  • Robert TinkerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2019 · 246 posts · 159 votes
    7y

    Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2018 · 369 posts · 406 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kerry Baird:

    I got my first booking set for six months' out, a snowbird 60 day rental, through VRBO.

    It took a couple of days, but I got set up on AIrBnb and now have 5 immediate bookings.  I have just sent my first "You'll be here soon" email to the first visitor, who will be arriving in two days.

    We are doing all of our final safety checks, such as adding carbon monoxide detectors to the existing smoke detectors, putting in the child protective outlet covers around the property.  Just washed windows.  

    I'm so excited for the first guest!

    Good for you Kerry!!!

    We didn't sleep one wink while our first renter was in our STR condo...I was literally scared to death worrying about everything from them not knowing how to use the Keurig to them burning the building down trying to light a candle or something!

    And now it's old hat, but still pretty cool when you look at your calendar and see all the gray weeks covered!

    Good Luck!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    congrats @Kerry Baird. We are in a very similar process, we started out Airbnb in Orlando, FL, March this year.

    Have seen a 100% occupancy rate in March and April. And a slower decrease in May and begining of June.

  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Doug Pintarch, my first guest checked in last night.  I know what you mean about not sleeping!  We also have 4 kids under 10 there right now.  Checkout is Monday, and we have a quick turn.  It looks terrific, and I hope they are enjoying the special touches that we put in for them.  

    I just *had* to try the Keurig to see how it worked.  :D  

  • Rental Property Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2018 · 369 posts · 406 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kerry Baird:

    @Doug Pintarch, my first guest checked in last night.  I know what you mean about not sleeping!  We also have 4 kids under 10 there right now.  Checkout is Monday, and we have a quick turn.  It looks terrific, and I hope they are enjoying the special touches that we put in for them.  

    I just *had* to try the Keurig to see how it worked.  :D  

    Kerry your special touches are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL and the very key, along with the unit being spotless, to 5-stqr ratings. Do them consistently every single time an people will mention those amenities in their reviews, and new renters will look for them on check-in! 

    Best of luck to you guys!

    -Doug

    p.s.  Glad you figured out those fire-starting Keurig machines!

    :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 219 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    @Kerry Baird Congratulations! That is awesome! Make sure to ask your first few guests for private feedback (via text, etc that does not show up online). Always good to worked out the initial kinks that way :-)

    Good luck!

  • Property Manager · Aurora, CO · Member since 2014 · 221 posts · 210 votes
    7y

    Congratulations on your first guests! May they be the first of many happy guests making wonderful memories in your property!

  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Six have completed their stays. I have 4 upcoming. And, gratefully, I have 4 5-star reviews. 

    I used the Airbnb suggestion to drop prices and auto-book for the first 15 days. I got the 4 great reviews. Once those stays were over, I priced Airbnb very high and put VRBO on auto-book. I’m aiming to get positive reviews on VRBO in the next few weeks. 

    So far, I’m getting primarily grandparents with their adult children and a couple grandkids, who are doing beach stays. I have a cloth play tent and camping toys (battery lanterns, felt foods, teeny pots and pans, colorful flashlights) in the kids’ room. Additionally, I have a number of books for kids and teens. Have gotten kudus for those items on my reviews. 

    Airdna says VRBO to Airbnb is quite evenly split in this area, which is why I am aiming to get reviews on both  immediately.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.