Small Property House Hack in Astoria, NY

Small Property House Hack in Astoria, NY

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 4 votes

Hello,

I’m looking to buy a small property that I can house hack near Astoria, NY. If anyone has some familiarity with this area I would greatly appreciate some guidance. I just moved here and am not really sure where to start looking. I had previously house hacked in Santa Monica, CA by putting the sofa in my 1 bedroom apartment on Airbnb but had to stop when the landlord threatened to evict me. It was a very fruitful endeavor for the period of time I was able to do it. I’m looking to do something like this again only this time I will be buying the place so I do not have to worry about a landlord again. My price range is about 300k-350k. I’m also very flexible on location because I work 100% remotely. The price is the biggest sticking point for me.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2011 · 956 posts · 510 votes
6y

Only thing you may buy in Astoria for that price is a co-op , and they have stringent rules regarding renting. 

Why not buy a house in Yonkers for that money and rent away ?
Good luck !

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Jake May Lots if good advice here and I see an awesome future for you. Might I say you look like you’re young. As a guy that spent 14 years in NYC you won’t want anything to do with it anymore when you hit 30 and find the right girl.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y

    @Jake May

    All in the Family

    Archie: Try Jersey! (New Jersey)

    Mike: I hate Jersey!

    Archie: Everybody hates Jersey. But somebody’s got to live there!

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.