What's the most useless piece of technology?

What's the most useless piece of technology?

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

To me it's land line telephones.  Every motel room has them.  Why?  Why in this day and age?  None of my STRs have a telephone.

0Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Layton, UT · Member since 2019 · 85 posts · 49 votes
6y

https://youtu.be/aqAUmgE3WyM

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Paul Sandhu I actually have them at all of my STRs, but only because all of my STRs are in areas that may or may not have cell service (depending on your provider), and I want my guests to have the option in case of emergency.  (911 would go through on their cell if there's any tower within range, but lots of people don't know that and plenty wouldn't think about it during an emergency)

    That said, I look forward to the day I can deep-six them.  

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Julie McCoy are they touch tone or rotary dial telephones?  If they are touch tone, are they cordless?

    I'm not sure if you know what a rotary dial telephone is though.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Paul Sandhu LOL!  I thought about specifying rotary phones, but couldn't figure out how to work it into my post.  I do have cordless touch tone phones, but I bet if I scoured enough antique shops I could find some rotaries... (I loved those when I was a kid, they were so much fun to play with!)

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Julie McCoy:

    @Paul Sandhu LOL!  I thought about specifying rotary phones, but couldn't figure out how to work it into my post.  I do have cordless touch tone phones, but I bet if I scoured enough antique shops I could find some rotaries... (I loved those when I was a kid, they were so much fun to play with!)

     You are older than I imagined you to be.  Do you remember automobiles with 8-track players?

  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:
    Originally posted by @Julie McCoy:

    @Paul Sandhu LOL!  I thought about specifying rotary phones, but couldn't figure out how to work it into my post.  I do have cordless touch tone phones, but I bet if I scoured enough antique shops I could find some rotaries... (I loved those when I was a kid, they were so much fun to play with!)

     You are older than I imagined you to be.  Do you remember automobiles with 8-track players?

     I'll take that as a compliment ;-)  However, I do not remember automobiles with 8-track players, I don't think I could pick out an 8-track player if I tripped on one.  Cassettes are as far back as that memory goes, though I did have a turntable when I was little.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    I had an 8-track in my '68 Dodge Polara in high school and college.  It ate up quite a few of my tapes.  
  • Layton, UT · Member since 2019 · 85 posts · 49 votes
    6y

    https://youtu.be/aqAUmgE3WyM

  • Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:

    To me it's land line telephones.  Every motel room has them.  Why?  Why in this day and age?  None of my STRs have a telephone.

     We're required to have a landline telephone in short term rentals here in SFL. I don't think anyone has ever used them, though. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.