STR property management fee

STR property management fee

Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 21 votes

In your opinion, is 30% a reasonable fee to pay a property manager to do the following:

- Arrange for interior designer/furnishing property (actual expenses I have to pay)

- Promote/advertise rental and respond to all inquiries and manage bookings and provide guest reviews

- Arrange for cleaners and maintenance when needed.  Lawn care and snow removal too.

- Provide all consumables (shampoo, toilet paper, soap, etc.)

Assume I am NOT interested in doing this myself to save money.

4Reply
141 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y

Take the 30% off your revenue and you are left with the profit you would probably make with a LTR.

If you're going to run a STR, you should be the PM. I've got 83 beds in 23 doors. The only person I pay is the plumber when he has to run a roto-rooter. The only reason I pay for this service is that I don't like feces on my hands. Running a roto-rooter is a shippy job.

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami FL · Member since 2017 · 65 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    @Amy Canfield

    I think it definitely depends on the average revenue per booking. If the average revenue is high than 30% is probably very high. 15-20% seems to be around market for local Str renters in the three markets we are in

    Also I would pay the decorating as a flat fee one time and reimburse for supplies. Why pay that forever?

  • Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @mark miles I was skeptical at first too.  99/month seems like a lousy service.  I started with just 1 property to test it out and it went well, so I brought on all of my other properties.   Its increased my bottom line significantly 

  • Jeff PollockPro Member
    Truckee, CA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    @Marcello Di Gerlando - What was your experience like with Evolve and are you still using them? I'm evaluating bringing them on to manage an STR I'll be bringing online shortly.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.