Hotels not giving rates over the phone?

Hotels not giving rates over the phone?

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

A few minutes ago a guy coming to town called me and wanted to know what I have available.  It's pretty much public knowledge that 4000-5000 people will be coming here in the next 2 weeks.  

The hotels have vacancies, I check them out every day.  The guy that called me said he called some hotels and they would not give our their rates over the phone.  I told him that all I have left was a 2 bedroom house with 3 beds for $600.  He said he'd take it, we're meeting in an hour.

So why do the hotels not disclose their rates over the phone?  This are franchises, Holiday Inn and Best Western.

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6y
    They must be getting ready to price gouge based on the coming demand.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.