Trip Insurance-do you offer it to guests?

Trip Insurance-do you offer it to guests?

Residential Real Estate Investor and Broker · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 19 votes

Does anyone offer trip insurance to guests? I think it is a way to earn a small commission if they do buy it. Plus, gives me peace of mind if someone cancels and I have to be firm about not refunding their money.

Which company do you use?

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    You are far better off just self-insuring on this and funding your own "trip insurance" account. The truth is, these policies practically never pay.  The conditions and restrictions are extensive.  Why give all of the money to an insurance company when you can just self-insure and offer the same policy?  It's not like you have any major downside risk - a few nights of rental income is all. 

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y

    "substantial services". I don't want to do anything that makes me risk having to pay self-employment text and I don't know if up selling like that is wise

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.