How much is your bathroom tissue? If you can find it.

Most Popular Reply

Michael BaumPro Member
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y
We are stitching together leaves and stuff...
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    We are stitching together leaves and stuff...
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6y

    I don't look at prices. I just buy what I need.

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami FL · Member since 2017 · 65 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    It seems like BJ's and Costco are getting it - you just need to go in the morning.

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Some counter kid at the local Dollar store was selling it for $1/roll, I bet he had the rest hidden in the back storage area. We have plenty & I noticed last weekend our Lakehouse is well stocked but we just ran out of coffee filters.

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    Prices are the same here as they always are if you can find it-stores in some parts of town have it in stock where others don't.  It is interesting to see how different neighbourhoods react as to what they buy.  Some stores are out of milk and eggs, whereas others that are 5 minutes away are out of something else.  Funny enough the big stores have their regular flyers out, so toilet paper is on sale at one store this week...assuming they have it in stock.  Most are limiting how many you can buy.

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y

    i went first thing in the morning to Dollar General and the local huge Market. Both were just as empty toilet paper wise as earlier in the day. I was stunned to get a couple of bottles of alcohol at Walmart last night. The stock person says as soon as a pallet hits the floor they empty it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    This binge buying is sure to come to a screeching halt as soon as everyone's hoarding needs are fulfilled. The toilet paper thing is hilarious to us. There has been no disruption in the supply chain for toilet paper, just people buying way more than they could possibly use in the next year. I've been in probably half a dozen different stores since this thing began and I haven't seen a single roll in stock anywhere. I've talked to some stock people and they indicated they get the raided items in every day but they leave the store early in the day. Milk and eggs seem to be readily available again but a couple days ago when I was in Aldi, they had no meats or breads of any kind. That's a head scratcher for me. We already had all the "emergency items" in stock so it hasn't affected us in the least. Well, Aldi was out of tortillas but we can eat something else, it's not one of our daily staples.

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @John Teachout exactly right, the binge buying is causing the need to binge buy.

    I found some on Peapod but had to schedule a delivery 11 days out.  Not sure where all they deliver to.  (Or how they make money, I always have a coupon and never pay the delivery free.  Must be the arrangements they make with grocery stores.)

  • Investor · Saint Ignace, MI · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    You should get a kick out of this toilet paper story in Northern Michigan


    https://www.9and10news.com/2020/03/16/great-lakes-tissue-company-to-host-toilet-paper-sale-wednesday/

    They actually were offering 5 cases per person ($20 per 96 roll case) ...Because we manage quite a few rentals, I sent my husband down (25 minutes south) to take them up on the offer, the line was so many miles long on so many sides of this plant, he just laughed and came back home.  The ones that were diligent to wait (and had been for 5 hours before they were scheduled to open trading, got lucky and got their paper.  That's a hell of a lot of toilet paper.   



Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.