Where to buy a Short Term Rental today

Where to buy a Short Term Rental today

Franklin Square, NY · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 10 votes

If you had the money to buy in any market for an STR where would it be right now? I own 2 STRs in Gatlinburg and definitely see massive returns but I don't want to put all my eggs into one market so I'm looking to branch out. Ive considered Big Bear,CA , Breckinridge,CO , Fairplay, CO , Springdale, UT , Destin,FL , miramar beach,FL, Kissimmee,FL , Catskills, NY , Killington,VT, Sedona, AZ , Tucson,AZ . Let me know what market you personally think would be a good spot! I'm open to any state as I'm able to travel whenever.

3Reply
30 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hey Brandon - we're in the same boat. We recently explored Outer Banks and it's a pretty hot market for STR! If you're wanting to explore the CO market, I can recommend a great agent that is well versed in STR. Also looking at Indio, CA. I think we'll let the property/price/location combo dictate where we go next.

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Wynnewood Oklahoma.  There is a refinery there, and no STRs.  Refineries are always bringing in contractors to do short term jobs.  Right now they are converting one of their crude units to produce biodiesel fuel.  If it is feasible and economical, the sister refinery in my town will do the same conversion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.