Investor · White bear lake, MN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
Looking at buying a short term vacation home rental property in Captiva / Sanibel, curious if there’s any areas to look at specifically, or areas to avoid? Anything I should know about the area beforehand? I’ve been along time ago but hoping someone who’s spent more time in the area can shed light on any nuances. Thanks in advance!
Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
I haven't been to Captiva since I was a kid... it's so small, and there is/was the trolley there, hard to imagine a "bad" place to be (especially if there's a golf cart guests can use). I can't say I'm at all familiar with Sanibel though, we always stayed at Captiva! Not sure if that helps at all, but it's what I've got. LOL Make sure you're familiar with any local regulations that might limit STR.
Real Estate Agent · orlando, FL · Member since 2009 · 159 posts · 121 votes
5y
I think you're good anywhere in those locations. As long as the property is desirable you should do well. I'm actually looking to acquire a waterfront property for a client in those areas as we speak. I'd be happy to set up a search for you as well if you're interested.