Insights on STR Investing in Blue Ridge, GA

4 Replies

Looking for input from an STR investor in the Blue Ridge, GA area. Hoping to gain some insight on the local area and if any of the towns are more preferable than others (Blue Ridge, Cherry Log, Ellijay, Morganton, Epworth). Also wanted POV on riverfront property vs property with mountain views in regards to occupancy rate and ADR. Appreciate any insights.

@Chris McKenna I just saw Blue Ridge listed as one of the 10 best places for short-term rentals somewhere. We drive through there a couple times a year but have never stopped. It's a beautiful area, very hilly, and there's a lake there that I hear good things about but I've never been on it. It's pretty close to Atlanta so an easy weekend getaway spot for folks. 

We are under contract on a cabin in Blue Ridge - it's a GREAT area for short-term rentals. Only about 1.5 hours from Atlanta so you'll get a lot of folks coming up for the weekend. Would also recommend Cherry Log and Ellijay. Clayton and Helen are also popular areas. Keep in mind these markets are just as hot as anywhere else right now :)