Do you get your tenants bills at your STR?

Do you get your tenants bills at your STR?

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Had a guy die that was staying at a place of mine over Thanksgiving weekend.  Yesterday this bill was in the mailbox of the place he stayed.  He died in the hospital, but they are still sending a bill for $15,000.00

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
5y

The answer to almost all your questions is NO.

Wow that one is really wild.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    Wow is all I can say

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Caleb Brown:

    Wow is all I can say

     I saw him laying in the yard and called an ambulance.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    The answer to almost all your questions is NO.

    Wow that one is really wild.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    Paul - Are you gonna pay it?

    :-)

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Underwood:

    The answer to almost all your questions is NO.

    Wow that one is really wild.

     Does all the stuff that happens to me happen to other people on here.  I posted this on another website today.



    Man I'd make sure you've got great insurance with all of these scenarios pregnant with lawsuits...

    I've got personal liability insurance. About the worst things that have happened are a drunk guy falling off his porch and breaking his arm.

    Tenant #1 fooling around with tenant #2's wife. The wife was #1's ex girlfriend. #2 was #1's boss. #1 would call in sick every day to fool around with the wife. A big fight ensued and #2 was arrested. I have the police report on my kegorator.

    Someone left an abandoned car in one of my back yards, The city was going to fine me $100/day. I called a scrap yard, they picked it up with a flat bed and I got $200.

    A homeless guy was squatting in a place. I threw all his stuff away. A mental hospital called me on his behalf because I threw away his meds. I let him pick through all the rubbish in the back of a dump truck to find his things.

    Had another guy not show up for work one morning. Me and his boss found him in his bed unconscious, unresponsive and in a state of overdosing.

    All this compensates for bland food.

  • Investor · Placitas, NM · Member since 2019 · 105 posts · 61 votes
    5y

    Fire starter materials 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 312 posts · 165 votes
    5y

    damm dying aint cheap either lol

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    5y

    @Paul Sandhu I always read your posts and I have a nosy question: Seems like these STRs keep you hopping. Do you have a separate W2 job or other type of employment? (You could put Ring Master for a Circus on your resume based on some of the things you post!)

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Teri Feeney Styers I'm on call 12/7 (that's half of 24/7) at a medical clinic.  I do drug screens.  Most of the drug screens I do are for contractors working at a refinery.  That's how I find my tenants.  They come here from out of state for a short term job in the refinery but they have to pass a drug screen in order to enter the facility. 

    Here at work is where I post on internet forums, because I have time.  When I'm not at work, I'm working on STRs and don't have time to post.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.