Air Bnb/ Vacation Rental JVs Ontario

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    You would be much better offer to not have partners if at all possible.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kitchener, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 370 votes
    5y

    Look for a real estate meeting up club in that area. 

  • Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 221 posts · 99 votes
    5y

    @Brendon McNaughton I am curious to see why you want to do a JV as oppose to doing it yourself? Nothing wrong with JV's, however I am curious to see your thoughts.

  • Investor · Ontario · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Melanie Dupuis I was hitting a dead end trying to finance a STR deal through my mortgage broker. I thought JVs might be a path forward.

  • Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 221 posts · 99 votes
    5y

    @Brendon McNaughton I would much rather see you go on the hunt for different mortgage brokers who can help you fund this deal! Instead of giving up equity. I have a very good friend of mine who does JV's....He says it's the most expensive money you can get.

  • Investor · Ontario · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Melanie Dupuis thanks for the tip! I was keeping my numbers to myself... I realize that I should have shared them with the seller, asked for a VTB, and tried to line up private capital to make up the difference. Learning lots. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.