Going rate for boots on the ground vacation rental helper

Going rate for boots on the ground vacation rental helper

San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes

Hopefully a quick question here… I am looking to self manage our 2 vacation rentals in Paso Robles, CA. We live about 3hr’s away and will need to build a team.

My main concern is finding someone (other then the cleaner) that can help out with guest request and running things to the house if needed. I already have a handyman and cleaner.

Does anyone here have a similar set up? Do you pay them a percentage or a flat rate?

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!

0Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

So is there a reason for not wanting to use your cleaner?  My cleaner handles all of those things for me with a nominal charge.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    So is there a reason for not wanting to use your cleaner?  My cleaner handles all of those things for me with a nominal charge.

  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    just need a housekeeper

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    I have never had to have some thing ran to the house.

    You should be set with your cleaner and handyman.

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Ken Boone I just ASSumed the cleaner was the cleaner and I needed someone else to be the face person. But it looks like most people just use their cleaner/housekeeper. Thanks!

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Luke Carl much appreciated feedback. Keep up the good work on the podcast as well!

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @John Underwood thanks for the feedback!

  • Investor · South Jordan, UT · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 72 votes
    5y

    The cleaner will work for now but as you scale I recommend you get a seperate individual to inspect the cleaners work.  This person can also be your boots on the ground and make house calls when needed.  Hope that helps!

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Underwood:

    I have never had to have some thing ran to the house.

    You should be set with your cleaner and handyman.

     We stayed at an AirBNB and the coffee pot stopped working. The owner was out of state. They had the cleaner pick up a coffee pot and drop it off for us. It probably doesn't happen often, but repairs or replacement need some human intervention. I agree that between a cleaner and handyman, they can cover anything like that.

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Jefferson Brown thanks for the advice on once I scale. Sounds like it is the cleaner for now!

  • San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock thanks! Seems like a the cleaner is the common suggestion

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Paso Robles, CA · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 58 votes
    5y

    @Lance Friesz Hi Lance I'm a broker in Paso and have a handful of investor clients I work alongside on their Airbnb's out here while they live in the Bay Area. If you need to bring someone else in I'm happy to chat more, but as the others on here have said, your cleaners and handyman should pretty much be all you need at this point. Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.