Can a Real Estate Agent provide value to Airbnb Arbitrage?

Can a Real Estate Agent provide value to Airbnb Arbitrage?

Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey everyone, I'm a newly licensed agent in NC. I've got some friends that have been using an Airbnb rental Arbitrage. They've done pretty well with this one apartment and they are wanting to expand in some way. We've been in conversation discussing how we could potentially work together, but I'm having trouble figuring out where I could actually provide value to them with it still being beneficial to both parties. Having access to the MLS, I could try to locate properties / contact owners and try to get them set up with an owner that is cool with subletting the property; however, other then them paying me some sort of fee, I don't see how this would be very beneficial to both parties. Once I get them in contact with the owner (and they potentially pay me some fee for it) what else is there for me to do besides that? Just curious, any suggestions/experiences shared would be greatly appreciated!

0Reply
39 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    There are plenty of agents that only do leases. 

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    You could clean the houses between occupancies.  You know, vacuum the floor, do the dishes, scrub the toilet.  That sort of stuff.  You can even keep any spare change and food you find lying around.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y

    You are correct, but as you said see if they will pay you a fee, or try and get hem to buy a property to rent so that they become investors.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    4y

    @Seth Wooten as a real estate agent there is probably four things you can do:

    1. Buyer agent

    2. Seller agent

    3. Leasing agent

    4. Property manager

    Although collecting a leasing fee may not seem glamorous, it does put you in the middle of a relationship with potential future buyers and sellers. I would view the leasing as a lead generation tool. Add them to you database and market to them regularly. If you are the "connection guy" then people will think of you first for their real estate needs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Maryland / Virginia / Caribbean · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 43 votes
    4y

    Seth  I work with a number of NC agents and would be happy to help you. You can provide a lot of value especially in the area of operations once you understand how airbnb works

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.