New to Real Estate in Lawrence, Ks

3 Replies

Hey everyone, My name is Alex and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm new to BP and am working towards buying my first BRRRR property although I have quite aways to go. I don't know anyone that understands financing and leverage so most that I talk to discourage my plan, so I'm wondering if there's any other investors in the eastern Kansas area that would be willing to give me some insight into what I can expect in this area, or any other advice. Any response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

Hello @Alex Coffman .  I live in Lawrence as well.  I am happy to help out however I can.  We are also holding an investor meetup the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.  This is only the 2nd one we have done, so you could call it a rather intimate sized group at the moment.  You can find more info under the network tab (look for events).  

Regardless of your dreams and goals, you can always find people who will discourage you.  Like I am sure you have heard before, you become what you are around.  There's some more folks on here who live in Lawrence and/or invest here.  Let me know if I can do anything.

Originally posted by @Alex Coffman :

Hey everyone, My name is Alex and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm new to BP and am working towards buying my first BRRRR property although I have quite aways to go. I don't know anyone that understands financing and leverage so most that I talk to discourage my plan, so I'm wondering if there's any other investors in the eastern Kansas area that would be willing to give me some insight into what I can expect in this area, or any other advice. Any response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

Lawrence is a great market to be in. It's part of the Kansas City metro so it gets a lot of attention yet still affordable. Don't give up and take the plunge!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you