New to Real Estate in Lawrence, Ks

New to Real Estate in Lawrence, Ks

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey everyone, My name is Alex and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm new to BP and am working towards buying my first BRRRR property although I have quite aways to go. I don't know anyone that understands financing and leverage so most that I talk to discourage my plan, so I'm wondering if there's any other investors in the eastern Kansas area that would be willing to give me some insight into what I can expect in this area, or any other advice. Any response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Lawrence, KS · Member since 2015 · 116 posts · 38 votes
5y

Hello @Alex Coffman.  I live in Lawrence as well.  I am happy to help out however I can.  We are also holding an investor meetup the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.  This is only the 2nd one we have done, so you could call it a rather intimate sized group at the moment.  You can find more info under the network tab (look for events).  

Regardless of your dreams and goals, you can always find people who will discourage you.  Like I am sure you have heard before, you become what you are around.  There's some more folks on here who live in Lawrence and/or invest here.  Let me know if I can do anything.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Lawrence, KS · Member since 2015 · 116 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    Hello @Alex Coffman.  I live in Lawrence as well.  I am happy to help out however I can.  We are also holding an investor meetup the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7pm.  This is only the 2nd one we have done, so you could call it a rather intimate sized group at the moment.  You can find more info under the network tab (look for events).  

    Regardless of your dreams and goals, you can always find people who will discourage you.  Like I am sure you have heard before, you become what you are around.  There's some more folks on here who live in Lawrence and/or invest here.  Let me know if I can do anything.

  • Rental Property Investor · Topeka, KS · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Derek Felch I also live in Lawrence. Could you PM me details on your monthly meetup? I would be interested in attending if it's open. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Alex Coffman:

    Hey everyone, My name is Alex and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm new to BP and am working towards buying my first BRRRR property although I have quite aways to go. I don't know anyone that understands financing and leverage so most that I talk to discourage my plan, so I'm wondering if there's any other investors in the eastern Kansas area that would be willing to give me some insight into what I can expect in this area, or any other advice. Any response is greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Alex

    Lawrence is a great market to be in. It's part of the Kansas City metro so it gets a lot of attention yet still affordable. Don't give up and take the plunge!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.