Feedback for New Marketing Director at Fix & Flip Private Lender

Feedback for New Marketing Director at Fix & Flip Private Lender

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi! I'm new to the Bigger Pockets community and the Private Money Lending / Real Estate Investment industry.  I have 20+ years experience in traditional (TV, radio, print) and digital (search, social, & display) advertising spanning several industries including retail, broadcast television, manufacturing, ag services, small business, and non-profits.  I've found this industry to be challenging, yet exciting and extremely collaborative.  I joined BPs to make more connections, learn more about the industry and get ideas on what makes your business thrive.  

To other lenders... what marketing strategies, platforms, tactics have worked best for you?  How long did it take for you to establish a solid marketing program and steady flowing lead pipeline? What are your biggest challenges?

To borrowers / investors... where do you go to find private/hard money for your deals? CIX? Google? Facebook? LinkedIn? other social platforms? What do you look for in a private money lender?  I have a pretty good idea, but it never hurts to ask.  Please do share!

1Reply
48 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Fresno · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi Ara, 

    I won't be able to contribute to the lender side of the post but, for any of my private capital deals so far it has been through word of mouth. I have not felt the urge yet to find a partner in a deal via means other than personal referral. I need to know and trust the person/company or have close colleagues who do prior to bring them on to any deal, especially if they will be an equity partner. If I was to use a platform, it would be one like facebook where I could see more information about the person/company life outside of what they want me to see on website/posts/marketing. (Again to get to know them on a more personal level) 

    Hope this helps! 

    Cheers! 

    Ryan

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thanks for sharing Ryan - that certainly helps! Great insight!  Word of mouth is certainly the best form of advertising!

    Have an awesome day and much success to you sir!

    Ara

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, Ara! 

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Ara Catchatoorian

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You’ll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts.

    There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides


    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, Ara! 

     Thanks Julio - glad to be a part of it! Have a awesome day!

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Justin Windham:

    @Ara Catchatoorian

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You’ll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts.

    There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides


    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts


     Thanks Justin - I appreciate the insight! I'll definitely check it out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.