Newbie in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

Newbie in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. A little over 5 years ago now my wife and I bought our first SFH, a nice little 3/2 with some unique character. We have been aggressive in our payments and have gotten our principal down to below 50% of our original loan and have started contemplating getting another home with our VA loan and renting out our current home. I have already made some local connections and look forward to soaking up as much information as I can.

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Rafael · Member since 2020 · 376 posts · 274 votes
4y

@Joel Case welcome to BiggerPockets and nice job so far!

While I am not local to you, I’m always happy to connect with like-mined people.

Would your current house cash flow if you were to rent it? Does your local market have inventory that supports you finding and purchasing a new home?

In any case, do not hesitate to reach out and connect if you want to chat more


See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Rafael · Member since 2020 · 376 posts · 274 votes
    4y

    @Joel Case welcome to BiggerPockets and nice job so far!

    While I am not local to you, I’m always happy to connect with like-mined people.

    Would your current house cash flow if you were to rent it? Does your local market have inventory that supports you finding and purchasing a new home?

    In any case, do not hesitate to reach out and connect if you want to chat more


  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nathan Murith:

    @Joel Case welcome to BiggerPockets and nice job so far!

    While I am not local to you, I’m always happy to connect with like-mined people.

    Would your current house cash flow if you were to rent it? Does your local market have inventory that supports you finding and purchasing a new home?

    In any case, do not hesitate to reach out and connect if you want to chat more



     I haven't run the numbers on my current residence, but I can safely say it would cash flow well in the current market. The current market here is like most places, very hot right now, but I am seeing a slowing of sales and also an increase in price per sq. ft. The good news is that I am not in a position where I MUST purchase, I am simply prequalified and ready to purchase should the right deal come along. 

  • Investor · San Rafael · Member since 2020 · 376 posts · 274 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Joel Case:
    Quote from @Nathan Murith:

    @Joel Case welcome to BiggerPockets and nice job so far!

    While I am not local to you, I’m always happy to connect with like-mined people.

    Would your current house cash flow if you were to rent it? Does your local market have inventory that supports you finding and purchasing a new home?

    In any case, do not hesitate to reach out and connect if you want to chat more



     I haven't run the numbers on my current residence, but I can safely say it would cash flow well in the current market. The current market here is like most places, very hot right now, but I am seeing a slowing of sales and also an increase in price per sq. ft. The good news is that I am not in a position where I MUST purchase, I am simply prequalified and ready to purchase should the right deal come along. 


     That’s a great position to be in. Patience and look for a desperate seller.

  • Justin AllenBusiness Member
    Licensed Broker/Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 28 votes
    4y

    Come to the investor meeting tonight. 6-8pm at eAgent Realty located at 12373 US 49, Suite 3, Gulfport, MS 39503.  You can get more info at MSCoastREIA.com as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Justin Allen:

    Come to the investor meeting tonight. 6-8pm at eAgent Realty located at 12373 US 49, Suite 3, Gulfport, MS 39503.  You can get more info at MSCoastREIA.com as well.

     Justin, I definitely plan on attending soon, but I don't think I will make it this month. 

  • Justin AllenBusiness Member
    Licensed Broker/Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 28 votes
    4y

    Sounds good... hope to see you at one of the next ones!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Joel Case

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    Make sure you check out all that this site has to offer.

    There are some pretty nice discounts on many products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.