New Aspiring House Hacker in Pittsburgh PA

New Aspiring House Hacker in Pittsburgh PA

Justice NewlandPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 7 votes

Hi BP fam!

My name is Justice and I live in the Pittsburgh area. My W-2 is traffic engineering, but I am super hype to get into real estate on the side as I pursue financial freedom! I plan to start house hacking within the next year. I am currently learning as much as I can, saving money, and trying to network! One fun fact about me is that I pole vaulted in college! 

Looking forward to making real estate friends

Justice 

4Reply
131 views

Most Popular Reply

Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
4y

@Justice Newland

I live and househack in Pittsburgh, Justice. It's wonderful meeting someone else local who's read Set for Life and is determined to realize the value of househacking for themselves. I didn't start househacking until I had been in the game for quite some time. I left a townhouse condo HOA next to Ross Park Mall with a clubhouse, tennis courts, and a swimming pool in order to move into a hundred-year-old over-under duplex I bought on the edge of Homestead (much nearer my wife's job) for $45K cash. It took me three years of my spare time to renovate the upstairs, but within a week of advertising the place I moved tenants in at $900/month.

Every advantage @Scott Trench lays out in the book that I have tested works, exactly as advertised.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chase ColucciPro Member
    Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    4y


    Hey Justice, great name by the way. I also love the idea of house hacking and just got my very first house hack under contract about 30 mins south of Pittsburgh. I would be more then happy to share my journey with you and if you have any insight or information about house hacking I would be glad to hear it.

  • Justice NewlandPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Hi @Chase Colucci!

    Thanks for responding and for the name compliment! My brothers name is Independence. Our names are from a John Mellencamp song. 

    Congrats on your first house hack! Thats amazing! I would love to connect and share ideas and information. I will send you a request. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.