A few deals in and looking to connect!

A few deals in and looking to connect!

Rental Property Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 5 votes

Hi everyone, these forums are an amazing resource, and I’m looking forward to connecting!

I’m based in Orange County, CA, and acquired my first three single family rentals in South Carolina over the past 9 months. I’m planning to scale quickly and diversify by investing in multifamily properties in other areas, and still open to SFHs as well. There’s always more to learn and I’m open to new relationships and partnerships with any awesome investors, agents, lenders, PMs, and other folks I meet here along the way.

I’m a full-time executive in the software industry and have been soaking up as many podcast episodes, forum posts, and books on rental property investing as possible in my spare time. I spent years on the sidelines thinking seriously investing in real estate was out of reach, and I’m focused on making up for lost time now. I’m looking into acquiring other related businesses at some point to compliment my property portfolio, as well.

I appreciate the head start the BP community has given me, and I’m excited to contribute and pay it forward. Happy to be here!

5Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 27 votes
4y

@Steven Wolfson would be happy to chat about the market here in SC and provide referrals!  Since moving from Los Angeles three years ago it has been an amazing experience with being able to finally invest myself in multifamily real estate compared to the market out there.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    Hey Steven, I am happy to connect. I specialize in creative finance and gator lending! Shoot me a dm 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 27 votes
    4y

    @Steven Wolfson would be happy to chat about the market here in SC and provide referrals!  Since moving from Los Angeles three years ago it has been an amazing experience with being able to finally invest myself in multifamily real estate compared to the market out there.

  • Garrett WhitePro Member
    Property Manager · Raleigh-Durham, NC · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    Hey Steven,

    Congrats on the acquisitions! I'd like to connect with everyone on this thread. Me and my business partner have acquired single family and duplex properties totaling 24 units. We now are submitting offers on larger multifamily deals and hopefully closing on a property in downtown Durham in august. Would love to hear your experiences in other markets and see if we have any opportunities to partner on some larger projects.  

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Steven, welcome to the community!

    This is a great place to learn and to connect with people so take advantage of all the great resources.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Steven Wolfson

    Welcome to the BP forums!

    This site is great if you are looking to invest into real estate.

    If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users


    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Attorney · Durham, NH · Member since 2019 · 292 posts · 126 votes
    4y

    Hello, Steven.

    I have a number of law school friends who practice in Newport Beach and enjoyed visiting my father-in-law in Laguna.

    I enjoy the Carolinas and have invested in Columbia and Greenville SC.

    You're welcome to message me to explore collaborations.

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Good morning Steven. I'm local Orange County and new to BP. Like you, I'm spending as much time listening to podcasts and reading the forums and books. I'm in the institutional asset management business working for a large firm in Los Angeles where I trade equities, futures, options, and ETFs. I'm looking to diversify my investments by adding rental properties to the mix. I'm as green as they come and looking for my first deal now. At this point I obviously don't have much knowledge to share but would be happy to meet up. I'm hesitant to buy a rental in CA given the apparent lack of homeowner rights in the state.

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 203 posts · 124 votes
    4y

    Hey @Steven Wolfson,

    Would love to connect at some point. Focusing on flipping now to build capital for multi family investing. I do business in OC, SD, and Riverside counties. 

  • Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2021 · 220 posts · 105 votes
    4y

    Howzit! Welcome aboard and good on you for doing the tough thing and jumping in! 

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 903 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Steven Wolfson Welcome! That's some progress right there! Partnerships are the key to scaling. You are in the right place :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Riverside, Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hello Steven!

    It’s wonderful to hear you are looking to scale up! My license in currently hung in Yucaipa but in pervious years I’ve spent a majority of my time down in Irvine and surrounding areas. Feel free to give me a ring and we can discuss strategy and if we would make a rockstar team!


  • Real Estate Agent · Southern California · Member since 2019 · 681 posts · 281 votes
    4y

    @Steven Wolfson Love to hear the investing getting done in So Cal! I am in the inland empire and I am working on rent by the room strategy through SF and small multi. It is showing a way higher return as we continue to see rent increases in the rental market!

    Let me know if I can ever help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.