Hello Everyone! My first post! Live and Invest in DTLA

Hello Everyone! My first post! Live and Invest in DTLA

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey guys,

I join Bigger Pockets in 2020 but never posted and didn't utilize the network here. I'd like to change that. This is my first post and I'm looking to connect with other investors in LA County, the rest of the states, and internationally.

I acquired two properties in the last year and have become addicted to investing. I'm ready to get more but am moving forward cautiously at the same time.

One issue I'm having is that my books are a mess. Well maybe I'm being a bit dramatic... I just need to do a deep dive and compile and categorize all my expenses for all my project... but yea, just thinking of it stresses me out.

I wanted to see if anyone could refer me to an experienced real estate CPA. Someone I can really rely on. I don't mind paying a higher rate for someone that's worth it.

I want to find someone who I can strategize with on gaining the most tax savings and set up my legal entities appropriately the first time. Real Estate isn't my only business. I've gone through many tax accountants (some good some really bad), and now things are getting much more complicated so I'd really like to work with a CPA. 

Apologize for the long first post! Definitely looking forward to chatting with you all.

Thanks,

Josh

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Josh Garcia! I'm glad you decided to join and take advantage of the forums! 

    I think that you should try the search function and reach out to some of the CPAs who are on the site. For example, I tried this search: 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    And I found @John Woodrich and @Ashish Acharya, both of whom seem like they may be folks you could reach out to. I have not worked with either of them, but it seems like they have offered their advice on these forums over 1,000 times each, so that might be a good place to start!

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Dope, thanks for the tip! This is exactly what I was looking for.

    Much appreciated!
  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 302 posts · 163 votes
    4y

    Welcome to the BP community. This place is a gold mine of knowledge and I always get the best advice here. 

    Robert Reynolds

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.