Hello BP! Investing in FL, GA, SC & NC

Hello BP! Investing in FL, GA, SC & NC

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 6 votes

Hi BP!

My name is Dajana, currently living in Florida with my husband Ryan. We are brand new to real estate investing and would love to connect with people in Florida, Georgia and South/North Carolina. Our current situation is very flexible right now in terms of where we can start our first flip or rental, we are eager to get started! Any guidance/tips would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Micah Lynell MortagBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 25 votes
4y

Hi Dajana :)  Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  I'm also new here to the community.  However, I'm not new to real estate investing! lol I'm a broker in Atlanta, Georgia and Florida. I focus mostly in Atlanta for investment opportunities (better numbers!) I would love to connect with you!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Micah Lynell MortagBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 25 votes
    4y

    Hi Dajana :)  Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  I'm also new here to the community.  However, I'm not new to real estate investing! lol I'm a broker in Atlanta, Georgia and Florida. I focus mostly in Atlanta for investment opportunities (better numbers!) I would love to connect with you!

  • Realtor | Product Manager at BiggerPockets · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2022 · 118 posts · 127 votes
    4y

    hello @Dajana Topic welocome to BiggerPockets! where specifically in Georgia are you looking?

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    Hi @Nate Slappey III!

    We are trying to pin point an area outside of Atlanta, any recommendations on up and coming areas for homes to flip?

  • Realtor | Product Manager at BiggerPockets · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2022 · 118 posts · 127 votes
    4y

    @Dajana Topic nope not at the moment, i've recently taken an interest in Georgia myself but haven't done much homework yet on areas of interest...i am looking more for STR

    BiggerPockets
  • Lender · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 21 votes
    4y

    Hi Dajana,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! As someone who also recently joined, I will say there is a ton of information you can learn on here which is super exciting! The biggest thing I see in terms of advice is to be patient and constantly make effort to learn. I would love to connect with you!

  • Specialist · covington, GA · Member since 2019 · 61 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Welcome @Dajana Topic!  Started the same exact way: in FL and started investing in GA.  It's been an amazing learning experience! Willing to answer any questions you may have.  Feel free to connect.  Welcome to the world of investing! 

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nicolas Biangel:

    Welcome @Dajana Topic!  Started the same exact way: in FL and started investing in GA.  It's been an amazing learning experience! Willing to answer any questions you may have.  Feel free to connect.  Welcome to the world of investing! 

     Hi @Nicolas Biangel

    Thanks so much for reaching out, we will definitely connect! 

  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    4y

    Hey @Dajana Topic, welcome to the BP community!

    I would recommend first looking in your own backyard to start investing. The learning curve is much shorter this way. However, if your market is not very friendly towards investing/flipping, there are plenty of solid markets throughout NC, several in SC and a few in GA too. Pretty much any market right now is going to seem overpriced when you look at price to rent ratios and it's a rocky time to start flipping with rates doubling in a couple months. Really hot markets like Atlanta might still have some runway left before prices flatline or drop a bit but I would be careful of flipping in less hot markets right now. It's a great time to do some research and select a market that you feel will be strong not just for investing now but for the near future. Hopefully your flexibility will allow you to move to the market you select to give you that boots on the ground advantage. 

    BTW, there are plenty of areas here in Atlanta that are still seeing high demand and appreciation, despite rates and inflation. We're still putting offers on homes and see double digits in competing offers. 

    Regardless of what market you select, you would be wise to put some resources into building your off-market deal funnel. The larger your deal funnel, the less likely you are to struggle finding a deal in these tough markets.

    Hope this helps a bit! Please, feel free to reach out anytime if you have other questions or just want to chat! 

  • Investor · Georgetown, SC · Member since 2022 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    @ Dajana Topic

    I would certainly welcome connecting!  I am about 40 minutes from Myrtle Beach.  I am open to investing in SC, NC, GA & Fl. Happy to hop on a phone call and chat.  What kind of investing are you looking to get into?  Ex.  fix/flips, buy and hold, short term rentals, wholesaling?   
  • Dustin TaylorBusiness Member
    Realtor · Blue Ridge, GA · Member since 2020 · 62 posts · 22 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Slappey III:

    @Dajana Topic nope not at the moment, i've recently taken an interest in Georgia myself but haven't done much homework yet on areas of interest...i am looking more for STR


    Hey Nate, If you're still interested in the GA market id love to connect and help you here. I live and invest in multiple markets here. STR and LTR. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll put some things in the works.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.