Looking for assistance to be made into a success story

Looking for assistance to be made into a success story

Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes

Hello all,

My name is Diana, currently from Detroit, Michigan. I have always had a passion for real estate but never had the finances part in order. I never knew the different ways to finance properties, I never knew that you could have very little money and still start investing, I am extremely new to this world of investing but I have been eating alot from BP YouTube channel and I am eager  to learn from experience people. 

Currently going through a separation from a 18 year marriage with 5 kids and all responsibilities including finance have been left to me with no assistance. I came to learn about BP due to someone posting it in an Michigan real estate investing group on YouTube, the segment was encouraging and just want I needed, as I could relate to her story and she's from Detroit.

Looking to learn, because of what I have been going through, I have a hunger to be surrounded by women(in a good way, not in a bitter way)

No regrets, because my circumstance has fueled my passion to aquire properties and start my  investment journey.

I have already got an LLC, and working on building business credit, would also need help in this area.

I would love to learn from people, any suggestions on how to acquire my first purchase would be helpful as I am still out of the womb new , anyone who is willing to guide me, I am all ears. I am so greatful and honoured to come in contact with BP.

Also side note, I do not have support or know anyone in Michigan and I would to meet adults as I work from home, and have 5 kiddos, so all that is around me, are the kids.

1Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor 路 Detroit, MI 路 Member since 2015 路 82 posts 路 548 votes
3y
Quote from @Alicia Marks:

Welcome to the forums! You'll want to connect with @Ashley Hamilton, who is an awesome and inspiring investor in Detroit. Here's a thread to read https://www.biggerpockets.com/... @Drew Sygit also knows his stuff, so I'm sure the meetups he suggested are excellent. I also invest in Detroit, as I lived there previously. I'm happy to help you get plugged in.


 Wow thank you so much, Glad to help!!!!

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender 路 Patterson, NY 路 Member since 2017 路 488 posts 路 186 votes
    3y
    Welcome aboard Diana!!! 

    That is quite a plateful but you have optimism and know enough to reach out.

    Feel free to reach out to me at any time for questions that are more involved than a back and forth post.

    Much success - happy investing !!!
    Bob
  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Yes sir, thank you for the invite Bob, will do

  • Investor 路 NJ 路 Member since 2022 路 154 posts 路 224 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Diana Turner:

    Hello all,

    My name is Diana, currently from Detroit, Michigan. I have always had a passion for real estate but never had the finances part in order. I never knew the different ways to finance properties, I never knew that you could have very little money and still start investing, I am extremely new to this world of investing but I have been eating alot from BP YouTube channel and I am eager  to learn from experience people. 

    Currently going through a separation from a 18 year marriage with 5 kids and all responsibilities including finance have been left to me with no assistance. I came to learn about BP due to someone posting it in an Michigan real estate investing group on YouTube, the segment was encouraging and just want I needed, as I could relate to her story and she's from Detroit.

    Looking to learn, because of what I have been going through, I have a hunger to be surrounded by women(in a good way, not in a bitter way)

    No regrets, because my circumstance has fueled my passion to aquire properties and start my  investment journey.

    I have already got an LLC, and working on building business credit, would also need help in this area.

    I would love to learn from people, any suggestions on how to acquire my first purchase would be helpful as I am still out of the womb new , anyone who is willing to guide me, I am all ears. I am so greatful and honoured to come in contact with BP.

    Also side note, I do not have support or know anyone in Michigan and I would to meet adults as I work from home, and have 5 kiddos, so all that is around me, are the kids.


     I sent you a private message that may help you. Good luck on your journey!

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager 路 Royal Oak, MI 路 Member since 2012 路 12k+ posts 路 9k+ votes
    3y

    @Diana Turner suggest you start attending www.REIAofOakalnd.com and www.MREI.com local events. There are also several local Meetups.com events.

    You build trust faster in person than you do virtually:)

  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y
  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Thank you for that, would to meet people face to face. I will gladly take advantage of those meet up.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Columbus | Toledo 路 Member since 2019 路 607 posts 路 768 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Diana Turner:

    Hello all,

    My name is Diana, currently from Detroit, Michigan. I have always had a passion for real estate but never had the finances part in order. I never knew the different ways to finance properties, I never knew that you could have very little money and still start investing, I am extremely new to this world of investing but I have been eating alot from BP YouTube channel and I am eager  to learn from experience people. 

    Currently going through a separation from a 18 year marriage with 5 kids and all responsibilities including finance have been left to me with no assistance. I came to learn about BP due to someone posting it in an Michigan real estate investing group on YouTube, the segment was encouraging and just want I needed, as I could relate to her story and she's from Detroit.

    Looking to learn, because of what I have been going through, I have a hunger to be surrounded by women(in a good way, not in a bitter way)

    No regrets, because my circumstance has fueled my passion to aquire properties and start my  investment journey.

    I have already got an LLC, and working on building business credit, would also need help in this area.

    I would love to learn from people, any suggestions on how to acquire my first purchase would be helpful as I am still out of the womb new , anyone who is willing to guide me, I am all ears. I am so greatful and honoured to come in contact with BP.

    Also side note, I do not have support or know anyone in Michigan and I would to meet adults as I work from home, and have 5 kiddos, so all that is around me, are the kids.


     Welcome! I am originally from Detroit! I live and work in Ohio now but would be happy to answer any questions

  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Hi, we used to live in Columbus, OH before moving to Detroit, miss Columbus. Thank you!

  • Sarita ScherpereelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 659 posts 路 376 votes
    3y

    Hi @Diana Turner!  Welcome to the community! Glad you're here. People have already mentioned meet up. BiggerPockets has a section just for this, Under the NETWORK tab- Meet up

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Best of luck to you!

  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Thank you Sarita!

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX 路 Member since 2020 路 1k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to the forums! You'll want to connect with @Ashley Hamilton, who is an awesome and inspiring investor in Detroit. Here's a thread to read https://www.biggerpockets.com/... @Drew Sygit also knows his stuff, so I'm sure the meetups he suggested are excellent. I also invest in Detroit, as I lived there previously. I'm happy to help you get plugged in.

  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Hi Alicia! Thank you so much for the info

  • Joe HammelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 Metro Detroit, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 612 posts 路 666 votes
    3y

    Welcome from the FIRE Realty Team!

    FIRE Realty Team - Keller Williams5379 Reviews
  • Lender 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 899 votes
    3y

    @Diana Turner- thanks and welcome 1) I would recommend  getting a loan pre approval  in place   so that  you  can  determine if you  can get   tradtional  financing  and  also to  become familiar with the  loan process and the  present  rates and other numbers   2)  you might  consider buying your  1st property as a primary residence and  house hacking it  so that it  can  then become your  first  rental proeprty  down the road   3) let me know if you  would like a  loan fficer  referal  for MI -   4)  good luck

  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 4 votes
    3y

    Noted Dave, thanks for suggestion. I was thinking about buying a property and do the hacking thing. I will do more research on that as I do see plenty multiple family properties here馃

  • Lender 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 899 votes
    3y

    @Diana Turner- awesome - feel free to ask any questions you might have 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Detroit, MI 路 Member since 2015 路 82 posts 路 548 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alicia Marks:

    Welcome to the forums! You'll want to connect with @Ashley Hamilton, who is an awesome and inspiring investor in Detroit. Here's a thread to read https://www.biggerpockets.com/... @Drew Sygit also knows his stuff, so I'm sure the meetups he suggested are excellent. I also invest in Detroit, as I lived there previously. I'm happy to help you get plugged in.


     Wow thank you so much, Glad to help!!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.