New Hampshire start up investing

New Hampshire start up investing

Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes

Hi everyone,

Been listening to the podcast and wanted to introduce myself. I have been trying to forgive out how to get started and learn from someone in New Hampshire about buy and holds and possibly flips. 

4Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 35 votes
3y

Hi Dan,

welcome to bigger pockets and the world of real estate investing. I actually host the meetup every other month in Manchester New Hampshire and this Monday is the next session. The meetup is at the farm restaurant in Manchester on elm Street starting at 6:30 p.m. hopefully you can make it.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    Hi Dan,

    welcome to bigger pockets and the world of real estate investing. I actually host the meetup every other month in Manchester New Hampshire and this Monday is the next session. The meetup is at the farm restaurant in Manchester on elm Street starting at 6:30 p.m. hopefully you can make it.

  • Sean DelisleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Londonderry, NH · Member since 2021 · 102 posts · 50 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Dan Hopkins!  You're definitely in the right place.  Finding an investor friendly agent is a great start and attending local meet-up like what @Michael Ketchen shared is a great plan too!  I'm happy to share my experience working with people just like you, feel free to reach out!

    Elevate Property Group|BHHS Verani5131 Reviews
  • Jaylan ArcherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Portsmouth, NH · Member since 2014 · 150 posts · 65 votes
    3y

    Hey Dan! 

    Congrats on taking the step of getting yourself out there and in front of other investors. The podcast and forums here are a tremendous resource to be able to lean on when you are first starting. Hopefully you have a good foundation from your time spent listening and here and are ready to take some action. 

    I would recommend getting out face to face with some local real estate investor meet ups as well as start reaching out to some investor friendly lenders and agents. The other thing that is helpful is to keep watching your market and familiarize yourself with buy and holds and potential flips that have come up for sale. The more you know about your own market the better!

    Archer and Associates of KW Coastal587 Reviews
  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 587 posts · 298 votes
    3y

    Hi Dan, I grew up very close to NH! What part of New Hampshire are you located?

    I'd love to offer insight where I can, and connect!

  • Mitch HartfordPro Member
    Investor · Rochester, NH · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    3y

    I’m in Rochester, willing to chat anytime. I have a hand full of buy and holds and i’ve done some live in flips. 

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Ketchen:

    Hi Dan,

    welcome to bigger pockets and the world of real estate investing. I actually host the meetup every other month in Manchester New Hampshire and this Monday is the next session. The meetup is at the farm restaurant in Manchester on elm Street starting at 6:30 p.m. hopefully you can make it.


     Hi Michael,

    Thank you so much for inviting me to the meet up. I unfortunately have to work that night. When do you usually hold these meet ups? I am definitely interested to go to them and meet/ learn from different people about their experiences and absorb their knowledge.

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sean Delisle:

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Dan Hopkins!  You're definitely in the right place.  Finding an investor friendly agent is a great start and attending local meet-up like what @Michael Ketchen shared is a great plan too!  I'm happy to share my experience working with people just like you, feel free to reach out!


     Thank you Sean. I will definitely be reaching out to ask you lots of questions. I am looking forward to trying out the meet ups and learn as much as I can so I can start my journey and invest in myself.

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jaylan Archer:

    Hey Dan! 

    Congrats on taking the step of getting yourself out there and in front of other investors. The podcast and forums here are a tremendous resource to be able to lean on when you are first starting. Hopefully you have a good foundation from your time spent listening and here and are ready to take some action. 

    I would recommend getting out face to face with some local real estate investor meet ups as well as start reaching out to some investor friendly lenders and agents. The other thing that is helpful is to keep watching your market and familiarize yourself with buy and holds and potential flips that have come up for sale. The more you know about your own market the better!


     Thank you Jaylan. I am looking forward to going to the meet ups and learning as much as possible I have already been saving for quite some time and want to make my money work for me. I appreciate the advice and will be on here asking a lot more as things come up. That is one big thing I am interested in is learning to read the market and what is a good deal vs a nightmare. I never really knew where to begin when it came to real estate or where to even begin to understand it and since I have been listening to biggerpockets that has really opened my mindset to new things.

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alli Breighner:

    Hi Dan, I grew up very close to NH! What part of New Hampshire are you located?

    I'd love to offer insight where I can, and connect!


     Hi Alli,

    I live in Hooksett NH currently. I would absolutely appreciate to connect with you and learn how money works in real estate and get a better grasp of how to begin to talk to lenders and how to really be able to walk into a room and have all my numbers ready to go so that way I would have better creditability. Thank you so much! I honestly thought that it would have been days before really reaching out to someone but this has been amazing to just be able to network with ease. I look forward to connecting with you and learning about what you do. 

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mitch Hartford:

    I’m in Rochester, willing to chat anytime. I have a hand full of buy and holds and i’ve done some live in flips. 


     Hi Mitch,

    Thank you and that would be awesome. i would like to understand more about how you got started and what challenges have you faced since you started.

  • Rental Property Investor · NH · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    We usually have them every other month on the third Monday of that month. Hope to see you at the next one.

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 587 posts · 298 votes
    3y
    Some of my close friends live in Brentwood NH, too funny! Feel free to shoot me a DM if you're interested in discussing more details about lending and overall real estate.
  • Patrick McCannPro Member
    Realtor · NH · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 59 votes
    3y

    Hi Dan,


    also just getting started in New Hampshire. I discovered BiggerPockets around September while researching about small multi family investing. I closed on my first duplex at the end December in Dover. Currently doing most of the work on the downstairs unit to get it ready to rent as well as renovating/repairing the upstairs unit while living in it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.