Newbie in CO

Newbie in CO

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 6 votes

Hello all.  I'm a newbie that is interested in getting into rentals for cash flow. I'm 40 and finally realizing that retirement is farther away then I'd like. Would like to connect with other investors and professionals for knowledge and wealth building. 

5Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Ryan ThomsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

@David R Duitsman cash flow is going to be TOUGH in Colorado Springs right now, unless you are open to Short Term Rentals. We have a great meetup every 2nd and 4th Thursday for real estate Investors at Goat Patch from 630pm-830pm. You should come! 

@Tanner Pile would be an excellent resource for you. 

The Assumable Guy544 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hi David, welcome to BiggerPockets! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

  • Tanner PileBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2019 · 388 posts · 326 votes
    3y

    Hey David, I'm excited for you! Getting educated is the best place to start. We have a real estate investor meet up in Colorado Springs Tonight if you can make it! I'll send you the details. 

    Tanner Pile4.931 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hi David, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. It is never too late to start investing in real estate. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning. Start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2021 · 79 posts · 104 votes
    3y

    Hey @David R Duitsman, fellow 40 something just a bit north of you in Castle Rock. Wish I would have found this real estate investing stuff in my 20s but better late than never. I've got a goal of financial freedom by 55 so I can walk away from my corporate job if I want to and move abroad since I'll be a dual citizen by then. 

    I'll send you a connection request and who knows what will happen from there!

  • David MackinBusiness Member
    Lender · Westminster, CO · Member since 2021 · 92 posts · 86 votes
    3y

    Welcome @David R Duitsman!

    You're in the right place. I'll send a connection request your way.

  • Ryan ThomsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @David R Duitsman cash flow is going to be TOUGH in Colorado Springs right now, unless you are open to Short Term Rentals. We have a great meetup every 2nd and 4th Thursday for real estate Investors at Goat Patch from 630pm-830pm. You should come! 

    @Tanner Pile would be an excellent resource for you. 

    The Assumable Guy544 Reviews
  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2022 · 118 posts · 49 votes
    3y

    Hi David! I'd be happy to connect you with a team there to help you get started.

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Total newb here also, but ready to connect, learn and take action!  I'm located in north Denver metro area.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.