Rookie looking for a chance (& possibly even mentorship)!!

Rookie looking for a chance (& possibly even mentorship)!!

New to Real Estate · Orange County, CA · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes

Hi all, I'm new to this BP platform (the forum) but have been listening to countless podcasts and YouTube videos for months now. I decided a few days ago it was time it was time to take action and take the next step in order to expand my network and gain insight within the industry, so I made an account.

My past experiences have been within the STR game after contributing for a few years to 7 vacation STR properties in Southwest Florida. Those properties were able to gross $300k in 2021. Being able to pitch in on anything from digital marketing to property management to assisting with client relations and even sales has helped me grow tremendously.

I'm in a spot now where I'm looking to take on some part-time work in order to help out other investors as well as gain mentorship/knowledge while doing it. I always try to be transparent about what I can bring to the table and constantly look to "sponge up" as much knowledge as possible along the way!

My background: I just moved to CA from MI after being a student athlete at Michigan State (Go Green!). At this time, I'm in the final stages of getting my CA RE License. I originally worked for an NFL Agency as well as the LA Chargers before making the switch to full-time within real estate. 

If you made it this far I appreciate you taking the time - Much success to you all!

2Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Henry ClarkPro Member
Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
3y

Go to the Starting out section.  Use the lookup function. Look my name up and Mentor 1 thru Mentor 11 posts. Then move to the next steps.  

Just like athletics.  You have to cover the components.  Conditioning, training, technique, preparation, mental. Use the same approach in your real estate career. You already know the approach.  Just different application.  Get your failures out of the way as fast as possible. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Go to the Starting out section.  Use the lookup function. Look my name up and Mentor 1 thru Mentor 11 posts. Then move to the next steps.  

    Just like athletics.  You have to cover the components.  Conditioning, training, technique, preparation, mental. Use the same approach in your real estate career. You already know the approach.  Just different application.  Get your failures out of the way as fast as possible. 

  • New to Real Estate · Orange County, CA · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    @Henry Clark -  Just got done reading your mentor thread, awesome stuff that got the wheels turning. I also never thought to view the approach through an athletic lens. I appreciate the response and tips!

  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Next step. What type of REI are you planning to do?

  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Just looked at your profile.  Looks like you’re wanting to go down the real estate agent route.  If you haven’t have your lead walk you thru the commission split.

    Example:  7% total.  2% goes to buyer agent.  5% to your office as the seller agent.   3% to your office.  2% to you.     

    Let’s use $100,000 sales increment.  At 2% you earn $2,000.   Let’s say you need $100,000 per year to live in LA.  Means you need 50 deals per year.  

    Can't help you go down that route. Let me know if you're interested in a REI investment route. Can develop some avenues for you.

    Good luck. 

  • New to Real Estate · Orange County, CA · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Just shot you a message @Henry Clark!

  • Real Estate Coach · Member since 2023 · 33 posts · 31 votes
    3y

    Hey Brandon, I am a commercial broker in CO and have been in the industry since 2005- I coach CRE brokers across the US and am happy to be a resource for you if you are interested in commercial.

  • Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2022 · 198 posts · 161 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP, Brandon! Best of luck on your endeavors!

  • Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Hi Brandon, nice to meet you! I'm in your same position minus the RE agent. I'm a sponge looking to learn from someone truly experienced. Think we should connect, i'm in SoCal too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.