Aspiring Real Estate Investor

Aspiring Real Estate Investor

Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan Dutton, and I’m 22 years old. I live in Griffin, GA. I bought my first home back in October as a primary residence for me, my girlfriend and our dog to enjoy, but now I feel that I’m ready to take my first step into investing. I am looking to buy a single-family rental property in my area. I could possibly get one financed traditionally, but I would love to try to find a subject-to deal. I would love to have a conversation with an experienced investor in my area if any of you guys are reading this! 

2Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y

Welcome aboard Ryan and good luck investing!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome aboard Ryan and good luck investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Griffin, GA · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hey Ryan,

    I am local to Griffin, GA. I just sent you a connection request. Feel free to give me a shout!

    -Jake Terrell

  • Investor · Cleveland · Member since 2021 · 247 posts · 240 votes
    3y

    Hey Ryan, I'm an agent in the Atlanta area. Would be happy to help if I can, feel free to reach out! My contact info is in my bio

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Ryan, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    Welcome aboard Ryan and good luck investing!


     Thank you! 

  • Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:

    Hi Ryan, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!


     I appreciate all of the advice! I listen to the bigger pockets podcast everyday at work, and it has definitely given me the motivation I needed to take initiative! 

  • Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ben Firstenberg:

    Hey Ryan, I'm an agent in the Atlanta area. Would be happy to help if I can, feel free to reach out! My contact info is in my bio


     Thank you, I will definitely be reaching out! 

  • Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jacob Terrell:

    Hey Ryan,

    I am local to Griffin, GA. I just sent you a connection request. Feel free to give me a shout!

    -Jake Terrell


    Great! I look forward to connecting with you! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 414 posts · 233 votes
    3y

    Hey Ryan - South of Atlanta is a great place to be!

    Congratulations on being a home owner at 22 - that's awesome. 

    Are you looking to move and rent out your primary, or looking for pure income property?

  • Rental Property Investor · GA · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Josh Bowser:

    Hey Ryan - South of Atlanta is a great place to be!

    Congratulations on being a home owner at 22 - that's awesome. 

    Are you looking to move and rent out your primary, or looking for pure income property?


    Thank You! Yes, I’m very proud to be a homeowner at a young age. No, I will not be moving just looking for an investment property. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP @Ryan Dutton ! It's a perfect place to start your real estate investing journey.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Best of luck on your REI journey.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.