New Investor From Denver

New Investor From Denver

Investor · Parker, CO · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone,

I am a new investor from Denver and am happy to be apart of the BP community. I have spent the last hour or two jumping from one forum to the next and the wealth of knowledge is amazing. I've read dozens of books one the subject and I feel my education level has increased two fold by reading these forums. Well a little about myself....

As the title states I am from Denver and I am pursuing REI investing. My ultimate goal with investing is to replace, and hopefully increase, my current income from my employer. I feel there is something to be said about being self employed and I look forward to being in charge of my future. I made it my resolution to participate in my first investment this year and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

I've found the trouble with most things in life is taking that first step and I feel this is no different. I have limited funds, 10-15k, but I do have the resource of a great friend and possible partner who would match the investment. I feel blessed for this but I don't want to tie up all of our capital in a long term rental. I feel it will impede future growth. Of course the only way to gain more insight is to return to the forum and research so off I go!

Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best.

Lance

0Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    12y

    welcome! You are in the right place for sure, good luck on your journey! I'm in se aurora, so not far from you at all.

  • Investor · Parker, CO · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Nice! I actually live in Parker but I work for Aurora. I see you want to retire by 42. I've always wanted to be done by 45 or at least have that option if I wanted to take it. I've noticed there are a lot of foreclosed or at least vacant homes in Aurora. Seems like excellent opportunities given the cost of acquisition. In your personal opinion, because it's understood different socioeconomic levels present their own problems, would consider investing along colfax? It's a cheaper entry point but I fear the problems would offset that benefit.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome! I am in Greeley not too far away!

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Lance Smith:
    Nice! I actually live in Parker but I work for Aurora. I see you want to retire by 42. I've always wanted to be done by 45 or at least have that option if I wanted to take it. I've noticed there are a lot of foreclosed or at least vacant homes in Aurora. Seems like excellent opportunities given the cost of acquisition. In your personal opinion, because it's understood different socioeconomic levels present their own problems, would consider investing along colfax? It's a cheaper entry point but I fear the problems would offset that benefit.

    Depends, I'm in SE aurora, the city building is kind of on the threshold of 'good aurora' and 'bad aurora', then up on colfax is a whole different aurora. I would invest south of colfax and maybe 4 blocks north of colfax. I know a few buy and hold guys who do aurora north properties and do just fine, but you are getting into a different game up there with the types of tenants you pull in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.