Wangyu Her-New To Real Estate Investing

Wangyu Her-New To Real Estate Investing

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi everyone, my name is Wangyu Her. I'm 20 years old, and I currently attend Milwaukee Area Technical College, majoring in Business Management-Marketing. I have been interested in getting into real estate investing for quite some time now, I've been watching a lot of real estate YouTube videos and researching about real estate investing. I'm a newbie to this whole real estate game however, I feel like I have a good understanding of what it is. It's almost as if I know what real estate investing is but at the same time, I don't know what it is. But the only way for me to truly know how real estate investing works is to take action. I've been working and trying my best to save as much as I can to buy my first rental property after I'm done with college. I'm mostly interested in doing rental properties, fix-and-flip, and doing some wholesaling. I feel like wholesaling would be a great start for me because based on what I know, you don't need a lot of money or no money to wholesale. You pretty much need to find a distressed property and/or a motivated seller who wants to sell their home due to personal issues and then find a buyer and close the purchase and agreement contract. I mean this is just the basic of what I know about wholesaling real estate. If any investors are in the Milwaukee area that have experience doing wholesaling, it would be nice if we could get in contact and mentor me in wholesaling. Overall, I just want to introduce myself and network with investors in the Milwaukee area. Please share anything you want to say to me, advice, tips, etc. Thank you.

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 109 posts · 115 votes
2y

Hi @Wangyu Her! 

I was in a similar position as you when I was in college. I knew I wanted to be involved in real estate somehow but didn't know to what degree, so I just saved up through school and bought my first house-hack shortly after graduating college. It's been a wild ride ever since! It's awesome you're interested in real estate in your current position. Keep growing that passion and get started soon. You can only learn so much theory before it needs to be applied. 

Right now I'm a full time lender and work primarily with investors. I used to be a realtor and had the same focus. I've built a great network of people over the years. I am not a wholesaler but would be happy to connect and help you on your journey how I can! 

Best of luck,

Mo

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Wangyu Her, 

    My name is Rebecca and my husband, Nick Knox III and I have run Captain Save a Home LLC, Brew City REI Club (a private network of our trusted real estate friends), Brew City REI Training Cafe (ala carte style real estate mentoring/coaching) and Wisconsin Contractor and Handyman Club (contractor-investor connection platform) based out of Milwaukee, WI for the past 11 years. My husband is also a licensed realtor with Premier Point Realty. Additionally, I wholesale deals and we buy & hold, currently holding rentals in Milwaukee, South Milwaukee, West Allis and Brown Deer.

    We are having a real estate investor networking event on February 8th at Freight 38. Details can be found under Bigger Pockets events. https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/1162543-2024...

    I hope that we can connect. 

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Owner occupied (multifamily) is another great way to get started. Check out homeownership programs in your state and NACA. NACA is a great program for first-time homebuyers.

    I wish you all the best.

  • Geoffrey RickabyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · West Bend, WI · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 14 votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Try connecting with a mentor first. There is a difference between learning via YouTube, to actually practicing the process. Be patient also, it won't happen overnight. 

    Good Luck!

  • Lender · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 109 posts · 115 votes
    2y

    Hi @Wangyu Her! 

    I was in a similar position as you when I was in college. I knew I wanted to be involved in real estate somehow but didn't know to what degree, so I just saved up through school and bought my first house-hack shortly after graduating college. It's been a wild ride ever since! It's awesome you're interested in real estate in your current position. Keep growing that passion and get started soon. You can only learn so much theory before it needs to be applied. 

    Right now I'm a full time lender and work primarily with investors. I used to be a realtor and had the same focus. I've built a great network of people over the years. I am not a wholesaler but would be happy to connect and help you on your journey how I can! 

    Best of luck,

    Mo

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.