Very new to the Real Estate world.

Very new to the Real Estate world.

New to Real Estate · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hello! My name is Christine Myhre; I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister and grandmother. I have owned my own Cottage Food business and have spent most of my working years in the food service industry.  I am very new to investing in real estate. I took a complete career change about 6 months ago and am now an Administrative Assistant for a Commercial Real Estate Appraisal company.  I have always been interested in Real Estate and being the appraisal environment, has made me even more interested in it. I am looking for a way to make an income that would allow my husband and I to retire from the 9 - 5 world and enable us to have some time to travel.

I look forward to learning as much as I can so I can make wise investments. 

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Justin BrickmanBusiness Member
Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 502 posts · 274 votes
2y
Welcome Christine and good luck on you! It will be nice learning experience as well for your daughter and grandchildren to watch your journey.
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin BrickmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 502 posts · 274 votes
    2y
    Welcome Christine and good luck on you! It will be nice learning experience as well for your daughter and grandchildren to watch your journey.
  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    2y

    Hi Christine, welcome to BiggerPockets! It's great to hear about your interest in real estate. For starters, be sure to tune in to the BiggerPockets Podcast and connect with the local lenders and brokers. Attend your local REI meetups to build up a strong network and feel free to reach out and connect with everyone in the community. Lastly, Identify a strategy, choose a market that aligns with it and establish your Core 4. It will be beneficial to achieving your goals. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • Realtor · MN · Member since 2024 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Christine Myhre:

    Hello! My name is Christine Myhre; I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister and grandmother. I have owned my own Cottage Food business and have spent most of my working years in the food service industry.  I am very new to investing in real estate. I took a complete career change about 6 months ago and am now an Administrative Assistant for a Commercial Real Estate Appraisal company.  I have always been interested in Real Estate and being the appraisal environment, has made me even more interested in it. I am looking for a way to make an income that would allow my husband and I to retire from the 9 - 5 world and enable us to have some time to travel.

    I look forward to learning as much as I can so I can make wise investments. 


    Welcome Christine! It's an addicting world to be in. I feel like I'm in the matrix and once my eyes were open to the possibilities I HAD to take action. The Bigger Pockets Rookie and Bigger Pockets Real Estats podcasts are fabulous. If you like books, I recommend Rich Dad Poor Dad, BRRRR, and Short term rental long term wealth. Good luck!

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    It's a pleasure to have you here, Christine! Your goal of creating an income stream for a retirement beyond the 9-5 routine and enabling travel is both exciting and achievable.

    This community is here to support you on your learning journey towards making informed and wise real estate investments.

    -Julio



  • Property Manager · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Christine Myhre:

    Hello! My name is Christine Myhre; I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister and grandmother. I have owned my own Cottage Food business and have spent most of my working years in the food service industry.  I am very new to investing in real estate. I took a complete career change about 6 months ago and am now an Administrative Assistant for a Commercial Real Estate Appraisal company.  I have always been interested in Real Estate and being the appraisal environment, has made me even more interested in it. I am looking for a way to make an income that would allow my husband and I to retire from the 9 - 5 world and enable us to have some time to travel.

    I look forward to learning as much as I can so I can make wise investments. 


     Welcome!

  • New to Real Estate · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Amanda M.:
    Quote from @Christine Myhre:

    Hello! My name is Christine Myhre; I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister and grandmother. I have owned my own Cottage Food business and have spent most of my working years in the food service industry.  I am very new to investing in real estate. I took a complete career change about 6 months ago and am now an Administrative Assistant for a Commercial Real Estate Appraisal company.  I have always been interested in Real Estate and being the appraisal environment, has made me even more interested in it. I am looking for a way to make an income that would allow my husband and I to retire from the 9 - 5 world and enable us to have some time to travel.

    I look forward to learning as much as I can so I can make wise investments. 


    Welcome Christine! It's an addicting world to be in. I feel like I'm in the matrix and once my eyes were open to the possibilities I HAD to take action. The Bigger Pockets Rookie and Bigger Pockets Real Estats podcasts are fabulous. If you like books, I recommend Rich Dad Poor Dad, BRRRR, and Short term rental long term wealth. Good luck!


     Thank you for the welcome!  I actually do have the books you mentioned.  I have also started listening to the podcasts as well. 

  • New to Real Estate · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Justin Brickman

    Thank you for the welcome. I'm excited to get started. 

  • New to Real Estate · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Simon Ashbaugh Thank you for the welcome! I have begun listening to the podcast and have several books as well. I have already connected with a local REI, but have not attended any meetings yet, hopefully soon.

  • New to Real Estate · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Julio Gonzalez Thank you for the welcome! I'm excited to learn and also have the support of the partners at the appraisal firm I work for. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.