Hi everyone! --Real estate agent new to bigger pockets

Hi everyone! --Real estate agent new to bigger pockets

Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 4 votes

Hello! My name is Cady and I'm a real estate agent licensed in Washington DC and Maryland. I've been working at New Western for several months and am wholesaling properties to investors. But I do a lot more than just wholesaling! I provide an individualized service to investors and help connect them with the best properties for their specific goals. I like taking the time to really get to know everyone I work with and understand what they're searching for so I can help them find exactly what they need to meet their targets effectively. 

I studied business administration at American University and took a lot of courses related to finance/investing. Of the many different areas of investing, real estate always interested me the most. For a semester I was even part of a student REIT project where we had a $200,000 fund to invest in various different REITS. It was a success, and my team and I outperformed both the RMZ and VNQ over the course of the semester. I really enjoyed investing in real estate in an almost stock market-like capacity, and would like to return to it again some day.

Now, I'm excited to continue growing my career at New Western, and plan to acquire my own investment properties in the future. While working with investors I'm learning as much as possible about their different strategies and taking thorough notes so I can develop my own. My main goal is to own rental properties, and I'm considering fix and flip as well. Though right now, I'm just seeking to learn as much as I can and make connections with likeminded people!

3Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 40 posts · 30 votes
2y

Welcome Cady, you seem like a well rounded person in real estate and business, pretty uncommon for a realtor.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 40 posts · 30 votes
    2y

    Welcome Cady, you seem like a well rounded person in real estate and business, pretty uncommon for a realtor.

  • Investor · Central Virginia · Member since 2020 · 393 posts · 253 votes
    2y

    Hi @Cady Dawald, I am right down the road (a few hours) in central VA. I am happy you are looking at active investing. It really should only take about 10 years to replace your W2 income. Keep connecting with others and look for a local meet-up. You will find contractors and other investors to help you. Also, take a look at my YT channel (InvestLYH). I am an economist and analyst by trade and I buy and hold RE actively.

    Take care. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington, DC · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Webb:

    Hi @Cady Dawald, I am right down the road (a few hours) in central VA. I am happy you are looking at active investing. It really should only take about 10 years to replace your W2 income. Keep connecting with others and look for a local meet-up. You will find contractors and other investors to help you. Also, take a look at my YT channel (InvestLYH). I am an economist and analyst by trade and I buy and hold RE actively.

    Take care. 


    Thank you for reaching out! I have been going to meetups and they've been incredibly helpful! I'll definitely take a look at your YT, I appreciate the help :)

  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets community Cady! It's great to have someone with your passion and real estate expertise join us on this platform. Feel free to share your insights, inquire and connect with fellow enthusiasts in the real estate community. Best of luck on your journey!

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2023 · 749 posts · 510 votes
    2y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets Cady! I would love to connect.

  • Developer · Washington, DC · Member since 2023 · 41 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Welcome to the group Cady, if you have anything in wholesale in the DMV, feel free to send it my way. I actively invest in the DMV. If it's not for me, I can always share the info for you. 

    Regarding your remark about flipping, feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I have been flipping homes for 6 years in the DMV. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.