Embarking on my Rel Estate investing journey!

Embarking on my Rel Estate investing journey!

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hello everybody!

I'm thrilled to share that I've recently taken the plunge into the world of real estate investing, and I couldn't be more excited about discovering the BiggerPockets community.

My focus right now is on developing land and building from the ground up. I believe there's something truly magical about creating a space from scratch, where every brick laid and every tree planted carries the promise of a new beginning for everyone. 

As I embark on this adventure, I'm eager to connect with like-minded individuals who are also starting off on their real estate investing journey. Whether you're just getting started like me or you're a seasoned pro, I'd love to hear your stories, insights, and experiences.

I'm particularly interested in learning about your beginning build stories. What were some of the challenges you faced when you first started developing land? What were the most rewarding moments? And what advice would you give to someone just starting out?

As a newbie, I have acquired three lovely City lots in a cozy little Colorado town close to the second largest lake here in the state with the closest sky resorts being just ninety minutes to Telluride and forty-five minutes to Durango. It's a Beautiful place to live. 

I believe that by coming together and sharing our knowledge and experiences, we can all learn and grow as real estate investors. So, I am very grateful to have come across this group. 

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

1Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Denise Coffman:

    Hello everybody!

    I'm thrilled to share that I've recently taken the plunge into the world of real estate investing, and I couldn't be more excited about discovering the BiggerPockets community.

    My focus right now is on developing land and building from the ground up. I believe there's something truly magical about creating a space from scratch, where every brick laid and every tree planted carries the promise of a new beginning for everyone. 

    As I embark on this adventure, I'm eager to connect with like-minded individuals who are also starting off on their real estate investing journey. Whether you're just getting started like me or you're a seasoned pro, I'd love to hear your stories, insights, and experiences.

    I'm particularly interested in learning about your beginning build stories. What were some of the challenges you faced when you first started developing land? What were the most rewarding moments? And what advice would you give to someone just starting out?

    As a newbie, I have acquired three lovely City lots in a cozy little Colorado town close to the second largest lake here in the state with the closest sky resorts being just ninety minutes to Telluride and forty-five minutes to Durango. It's a Beautiful place to live. 

    I believe that by coming together and sharing our knowledge and experiences, we can all learn and grow as real estate investors. So, I am very grateful to have come across this group. 

    Looking forward to connecting with you all!


     I'd tighten up the business plan a little bit more. What style house? What size house? What price point? For land what kind of land? Commercial or residential? Urban or suburban? Who's the end buyer? Land development is one of the highest risk types of money making that is out there. Building is lower risk. Just trying to give my 2 cents. We vet land deals extremely hard and buy the cheapest land within 30 miles of the urban core of columbus for infill development and larger development. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.