New into Real Estate Investing, willing to learn!

New into Real Estate Investing, willing to learn!

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello Everyone,

My name is Fernanda and I live in Upstate NY (CNY) and I always had a desire on dive in into Real Estate Investing (I work in a Real Estate Office and I love it - never had a interest on becoming a Realtor because where I live there are too many Realtor for a small/short market, if you don't know people and not familiar with the area you will suffer to make any moves). 

I'm new to Real Estate Investing and I want to gain more knowledge before I can make any moves. My first idea is to buy a STR, something small but in a area where there is a good demand for STR. I currently own a house, where I live in for about 4 years (not sure how that would affect the future on acquiring another property).

Also I'm planning to move away in 4 years ish (aiming to go to Central Florida, but it also can change). Should I focus on Investing here In central NY or Florida is saturated? Any other Ideas which could possibly work for a first time investor?

P.S.: I do not have the money I need yet, I'm still working on saving up.

1Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    2y

    If you're financially in a position to get a property in NY. 

    Then do it!

    Get a top Agent( Realtor).

    Get a great Contractor. 

    Know some wholesalers. ( Get on their list).

    Starters

  • Real Estate Agent · Central New York · Member since 2023 · 207 posts · 96 votes
    2y

    I’m in the CNY region as well! Syracuse more specifically. I think right now is a great time to get investing in the area. Syracuse is one of the top locations that Gen Z’ers are moving to in recent reports. The area in the grand scheme of things is very affordable, and with the likelihood of micron coming housing and rent prices are expected to boom! There’s also plenty of property managers to help you remotely manage the property if you do end up moving. I’d be happy to have further discussion with you and answer any questions you may have!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.