Hello from the Midwest(Tulsa/Broken Arrow) and getting deeper into real estate.

Hello from the Midwest(Tulsa/Broken Arrow) and getting deeper into real estate.

Derrick SanfordPro Member
Investor 路 Broken Arrow, OK 路 Member since 2024 路 3 posts 路 2 votes

My wife, Shelbie, and I have been researching about REI for the past 1 year. Shelbie is a licensed Oklahoma Realtor as well with our goal being to have our first property by the third quarter of 2025 in Oklahoma or neighboring states(ex. Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, or Texas) with being open to partnership as well.

Part of a Tulsa REIA FB group, looking for more mentorship with seasoned investors to connect and learn from their experiences. If anyone has any information or advise we would greatly appreciate your insight, we hope to bring value to you or someone you may know in exchange.

Happy to tap into the BiggerPockets community and excited to make new connections on this journey!

2Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender 路 Playa del Carmen, M茅xico 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Vijay Nidumolu:

Glad to see lot of inputs on Tulsa Area. I was driving by last month and noticed lot of construction happening in Bixby area. I even saw new single family Rental community near bixby downtown. I guess that means, there is healthy demand for rents in the metroplex.
I am curious if there is a city or few Zip codes within Tulsa, Broken arrow, Bixby, Jenks and Owasso, that is preferred by prospective tenants ?  Also, it will be great to get feedback on relative risk from tornados and floods, for the above cities. Any thoughts are welcome.  

I'll bet my favorite Tulsa super-agent, @Tom O'Stasik, could answer your questions!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender 路 Playa del Carmen, M茅xico 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey @Derrick Sanford, welcome to BiggerPockets!

    I've been active in the Tulsa market since 2021, when I lived there for a year and a half as a digital nomad under the Tulsa Remote program.

    What's been your biggest obstacle to getting started?

  • Andy EakesPro Member
    Property Manager 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2020 路 205 posts 路 162 votes
    2y

    Hey Derrick, I bought my first property in Tulsa in 2021 and the 2nd a year later. It's been a great area to invest in with tons of upside. If there's anything I can help with just let me know. 

  • Derrick SanfordPro Member
    OP
    Investor 路 Broken Arrow, OK 路 Member since 2024 路 3 posts 路 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mitch Messer:

    Hey @Derrick Sanford, welcome to BiggerPockets!

    I've been active in the Tulsa market since 2021, when I lived there for a year and a half as a digital nomad under the Tulsa Remote program.

    What's been your biggest obstacle to getting started?

    Hello Mitch, thanks for reaching out to connect! We are currently paying down most of our bad debt to put us on a better position to buy, and gaining more knowledge in the process. Until then working through simulations until we happen upon a deal that works for us.
  • Derrick SanfordPro Member
    OP
    Investor 路 Broken Arrow, OK 路 Member since 2024 路 3 posts 路 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Andy Eakes:

    Hey Derrick, I bought my first property in Tulsa in 2021 and the 2nd a year later. It's been a great area to invest in with tons of upside. If there's anything I can help with just let me know. 

    Hey Andy, thanks for reaching out and we will make sure to ask as much questions as possible when they come up!
  • Member since 2020 路 13 posts 路 9 votes
    1y

    Glad to see lot of inputs on Tulsa Area. I was driving by last month and noticed lot of construction happening in Bixby area. I even saw new single family Rental community near bixby downtown. I guess that means, there is healthy demand for rents in the metroplex.
    I am curious if there is a city or few Zip codes within Tulsa, Broken arrow, Bixby, Jenks and Owasso, that is preferred by prospective tenants ?  Also, it will be great to get feedback on relative risk from tornados and floods, for the above cities. Any thoughts are welcome.  

  • Lender 路 Playa del Carmen, M茅xico 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Vijay Nidumolu:

    Glad to see lot of inputs on Tulsa Area. I was driving by last month and noticed lot of construction happening in Bixby area. I even saw new single family Rental community near bixby downtown. I guess that means, there is healthy demand for rents in the metroplex.
    I am curious if there is a city or few Zip codes within Tulsa, Broken arrow, Bixby, Jenks and Owasso, that is preferred by prospective tenants ?  Also, it will be great to get feedback on relative risk from tornados and floods, for the above cities. Any thoughts are welcome.  

    I'll bet my favorite Tulsa super-agent, @Tom O'Stasik, could answer your questions!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Tulsa, OK 路 Member since 2019 路 130 posts 路 66 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Mitch Messer:
    Quote from @Vijay Nidumolu:

    Glad to see lot of inputs on Tulsa Area. I was driving by last month and noticed lot of construction happening in Bixby area. I even saw new single family Rental community near bixby downtown. I guess that means, there is healthy demand for rents in the metroplex.
    I am curious if there is a city or few Zip codes within Tulsa, Broken arrow, Bixby, Jenks and Owasso, that is preferred by prospective tenants ?  Also, it will be great to get feedback on relative risk from tornados and floods, for the above cities. Any thoughts are welcome.  

    I'll bet my favorite Tulsa super-agent, @Tom O'Stasik, could answer your questions!


     I sent a DM 馃憤馃徎

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.