Hello. from a brand new pro member

Hello. from a brand new pro member

Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hello everyone! I am excited to become part of the bigger pockets community. My husband and I have remodeled homes we live in while working full time. We have been very successful at increasing value for resell, but are ready to flip homes that we do not live in. Our ultimate goal is to flip enough homes to gift a home to a disabled veteran once a year, while also padding our retirement fund. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to go to open a LLC? I am looking to fix and flip and understand I will need one for hard money.

3Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Jennifer Roof:

That's a noble thing to do. My goal is to earn $300,000 annually so I can give $100,000 or more to charitable endeavors.

Why do you need an LLC for hard money loans?

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jennifer Roof:

    That's a noble thing to do. My goal is to earn $300,000 annually so I can give $100,000 or more to charitable endeavors.

    Why do you need an LLC for hard money loans?

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Jennifer, welcome to BP!

    I am in Charlotte and Fayettville is a great spot if you are looking to flip and/or BRRRR. If you are looking to open an LLC in NC then you need to go through the NC Secratary of State. Good luck and I would love to connect!

  • Specialist · NJ · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 652 votes
    2y

    You can open an LLC at a place like Legal Zoom or Harvard Business Solutions. Might take you 20 minutes or so.

    I think it's fabulous what you intend to do about our veterans.  They are a much forgotten group and that's kind of a disgrace.

    I also have great deals cross my desk all the time in PA and S.Jersey, be happy to share if you ever wanted to take a look.

  • Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @River Sava:

    Hi Jennifer, welcome to BP!

    I am in Charlotte and Fayettville is a great spot if you are looking to flip and/or BRRRR. If you are looking to open an LLC in NC then you need to go through the NC Secratary of State. Good luck and I would love to connect!


  • Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @River Sava:

    Hi Jennifer, welcome to BP!

    I am in Charlotte and Fayettville is a great spot if you are looking to flip and/or BRRRR. If you are looking to open an LLC in NC then you need to go through the NC Secratary of State. Good luck and I would love to connect!


    That is what I have been seeing when I look for property. Fayetteville seems to be a good area for us. Thank you for letting me know where to go for LLC. I am grateful for your offer to connect. I would love to talk.

  • Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @Jennifer Roof:

    That's a noble thing to do. My goal is to earn $300,000 annually so I can give $100,000 or more to charitable endeavors.

    Why do you need an LLC for hard money loans?


     That is awesome! I hope you reach your goal of $300000 a year. Have you been able to meet this goal previously or are you in your first year.

  • Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mike Klarman:

    You can open an LLC at a place like Legal Zoom or Harvard Business Solutions. Might take you 20 minutes or so.

    I think it's fabulous what you intend to do about our veterans.  They are a much forgotten group and that's kind of a disgrace.

    I also have great deals cross my desk all the time in PA and S.Jersey, be happy to share if you ever wanted to take a look.

    Thank you for the encouragement. I grew up in Pittsburgh so doing some in PA in the future may be of interest in the future. For now looking close to home in NC
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jennifer Roof:


    I'm only earning $200,000 a year, but I'm working on it!
    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jennifer Roof:
    Quote from @River Sava:

    Hi Jennifer, welcome to BP!

    I am in Charlotte and Fayettville is a great spot if you are looking to flip and/or BRRRR. If you are looking to open an LLC in NC then you need to go through the NC Secratary of State. Good luck and I would love to connect!


    That is what I have been seeing when I look for property. Fayetteville seems to be a good area for us. Thank you for letting me know where to go for LLC. I am grateful for your offer to connect. I would love to talk.


     No problem, and sounds good I will send you a dm!

  • Investor · Raleigh · Member since 2026 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    8mo

    Hey Jennifer, I wanted to reach out because I work with investors in North Carolina doing fix and flips and I get access to some solid deals. Are you currently still looking for investment opportunities in this market?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.