Excited To Be On The BRRRR Journey!

Excited To Be On The BRRRR Journey!

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Happy New Years Eve! My wife and I are excited to get started in our real estate journey and BP has been a great resource thus far from the BRRRR audible I've been listening to! I have dabbled in real estate, but never heard of brrrr before now, and transparently never did much research outside of knowing that property ownership was a way to reduce my taxable income. Any suggestions on this methodology is greatly appreciated. I'm looking to create relationships with wholesalers, real estate brokers, contractors, real estate attorneys and accountants! Any suggests from your personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and here's to a Happy New Year!

-J

0Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    I have attended local meetups so that I can have a handful of experienced folks who have resources to share.  It helps to know which plumbers or electricians like a remodel project vs a new build project.  Our first purchases were ones that we lived in and added value while we learned.  You might also meet title agents who have resources on, say, foreclosures or probates…and might recommend lenders who actually lend on more difficult projects (as the title companies also know which lenders can close and which are difficult).

    I also go visit open houses to see what sorts of finish to put on my renovations or to look for the next house or area in which to purchase.  It is a way to see the interiors of houses without obligation or disrupting owners.  The more houses I see, the better.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.