I will keep this very short and sweet. I am a 37 year old high school basketball coach that is not very happy with where I am financially and am seeking a way out of living paycheck to paycheck. I have listened to the BiggerPockets podcast for sometime now but have never taken any action, hoping to change that very soon. I am very new and am open to any and all suggestions/help.
i wish i had better news for you but it's probably not feasible in the short term to replace your W2 income with rental income. on a recent podcast Dave and Henry Washington talked about 10-15 years being a potential timeframe. high interest rates have hurt cash flow and long term rentals are still a great investment... they're just not going to throw off rental income in the first few years of ownership.
i wish i had better news for you but it's probably not feasible in the short term to replace your W2 income with rental income. on a recent podcast Dave and Henry Washington talked about 10-15 years being a potential timeframe. high interest rates have hurt cash flow and long term rentals are still a great investment... they're just not going to throw off rental income in the first few years of ownership.
Real Estate Agent · Nashville · Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 4 votes
1y
It’s great that you’re taking the first step—that’s the most important part of the journey! It takes time and effort to build up to the point where you’re not relying on a W2 job, but starting now puts you on the right path.
If you have any questions about investing or need guidance as you get started, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’d be happy to help however I can! You’ve got this! 🚀
Real Estate Agent · Lakeland, TN · Member since 2015 · 214 posts · 105 votes
1y
You may want to read up on wholesaling as a way to generate some capital. Lots of leg work, calls and emails, but if you can find a few deals that could get you started with enough capital to get into your first deal on your own.